La Dolce Vita – Mindfulness, Movement & Art in Tuscany, Italy
- Ebbio Retreat Center
- Ebbio, Tuscany, Italy
- May 11 - 18, 2019 (8 days)
- $2095 (double occupancy) or $2695 (single occupancy)*
Awaken your senses, bathe in warmth & hospitality, and revel in the romantic charm of Ebbio, an 800 year-old classic Tuscany farmhouse. This retreat, co-lead by Kate Mitcheom and Kathy Daniels will allow you to deepen your practice of mindfulness meditation & movement and explore the majestic beauty of the Tuscan countryside. The combination of mindfulness, movement, art and breathtaking countryside, dotted with castles, villas and abbeys, will leave you inspired and enriched! You’ll have the vacation in Tuscany you’ve always dreamed of and feel like the best version of yourself when you leave.
Get your bags ready for a Tuscany retreat next May!
It was really a life altering experience for me on many different levels. participant from Kate's 2017 retreat
- What you can expect daily: movement and meditation in the morning, art & exploration in the afternoon and revelry and rest in the evening!
- Activities: In addition to your group focus, there is an extensive and well maintained hiking trail system, horseback riding in the wooded forests, or simply walk and breathe with the company of a friendly donkey.
- Mindfulness and Movement Workshop: Two morning sessions, led by Kate Mitcheom MSN, CNM, RYT, Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructor. Kate is a master teacher who integrates 20+ years of meditation and movement into her open-hearted style of teaching.
- Excursions lead by Kate and Kathy Daniels MA. Kathy is an art historian and former gallery director for St. Catherine University. Kathy and Kate are life-long friends and both are graduates of St Catherine’s University, class of 1973.
Venue HighlightsANCIENT WALKING TRAIL VIA FRANCIGENA
The via Francigena is the ancient route that in medieval times connected Canterbury to Rome. Nowadays it remains a path of pilgrimage, as the way of Santiago di Compostela but also represents a different way to discover Tuscany. Take a journey through time in close contact with the environment and local retails. Ebbio is just 800 metres away from the starting point of the route from Monteriggioni to Siena; the start from Monteriggioni to San Gimignamo is just over 1 km.
CITY OF ART
In Tuscany there are 7 sites protected by Unesco and some of them are very close by. Monteriggioni is within walking distance (1.8km) and once in the village you can take a visual tour of the towers of the Tuscan countryside. Siena (15km) and Florence (45km) considered to be open air museums, Pisa with its pendant tower (100km). San Gimignano (25km) and Volterra (40km) with their competing medieval towers, Valdorcia (38km) and it’s surreal Tuscan landscapes, Pienza (85km), San Galgano (39km) famous for the prophecy of the sword in the stone and Arezzo (85km) where you can find beautiful affresco from Piero della Francesca. Colle val d’elsa is just 10 km away and has a stunning old town still out of main truism circuits.
WINE PATHS AND A PANORAMIC DRIVE
Chianti is an other entertaining itinerary that is quite close. The main sites to visit are Castellina in Chianti (15km) Radda in Chianti (25km) and Greve in Chianti (34km), just the drive trough the wine cultivated hills justify the excursion.
Other destinations rich in history, combining a panoramic drive with a degustation experience are Montalcino (55km) with his Brunello wine, Montepulciano (75km) known for the Nobile di Montepulciano wine and Bolgheri, famous for it’s cypress lined road and the prestigious Sassicaia wine.
RELAXING / THERMAL
For a tour with a restorative soak, visit Bagni Vignone, (40km) a medieval village built around a pool of natural thermal hot spring water, Rapolano Terme (45Km), Bagni San Filippo (80km).
1:30-5:00pm Excursion (San Giminiano; Siena; Hot Springs etc.)
7:30-8:00pm Dinner, rest & revelry