Finding your Pen: A retreat to inspire the mind and body through Writing and Yoga
- Elohee - retreat. renew. remember.
- 1478 Bean Creek Road Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
- May 31 - Jun 2, 2019 (3 days)
- Double Occupancy/2 Twin Beds/Private Bath/per person - $515.22 Double Occupancy/1 King Bed/Private Bath/per person - $515.22 Small Private Room/Shared Bath - $541.30 Single Occupancy/1 King Bed/Private Bath - $689.13 Single…
“Through yoga you find your breath and through writing you give your breath a voice.”
The dynamic art of writing and yoga has a profound way of providing a creative shift. The practice of writing and yoga together can ignite your creative fire and re-awaken your authentic voice. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Sautee Nacoochee, you can find a new home for the weekend allowing you to remove everyday distractions and allow space for creative exploration.
**Sign up by February 28, 2019 and receive an early bird discount of $50. To get your discount, type in the word earlybird in the discount code field towards the bottom of the registration form.
Stress and tension can block creativity as well as block chakras, limiting movement with your body. When the tensions of the body are eased, so are the tensions of the mind. During our weekend retreat we will give ourselves the space we desperately deserve and dive deep into our innovative potential and release our body from all the collected tension. Even if you don’t consider yourself a “writer” or “yogi”, writing and yoga can change your life by the simple intention of showing up for yourself.
Whether you’re a beginner, a published author, or new to yoga, Reanna and Kristen’s knowledge, through the extensive study of writing and yoga, will help to awaken a deeper connection between you, your pen, and your mat.
You can expect to leave the weekend with:
- A journal with pages of personal writings
- A deeper connection with yourself through writing exercises and yoga practices
- Mindfulness and self-care practices to keep you centered and focused through your new or renewed journey in writing
- Knowledge of easy yoga asanas, to prevent writer’s back pain, hunched shoulders, and tightness in hips and legs
- Insight into your creative potential and a sense of rejuvenation and renewal
Weekend Schedule at a Glance:
1st Day (Friday) – What does writing mean to you?
3:00-4:00 PM Check in
Teacher/Student Introduction, Review of weekend schedule & the start of our writing activities
Chakra Yin/Restorative Yoga Practice
2nd Day (Saturday) – Imagery
Writing Activities & Chair Yoga
Nature Walking Meditation Writing Activity
Rest, Relax, and Reflect
3rd Day (Sunday) – Self-Reflecting
Outdoor Yoga practice
Final Writing activities
1:00 PM Check Out
Retreat is eligible for 10 CE hours with Yoga Alliance under Techniques, Training, & Practice (6 TTP and 4 Non-contact hours)
If you have questions or would like additional information about the retreat, please contact Reanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.