- Bambu Guest House
- Bambu Guesthouse, Tzununa, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
- Nov 1 - 28, 2018 (28 days)
- $3295 - $3495
AWAKENED SPIRIT 200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
YOGA + LEADERSHIP + PERMACULTURE IMMERSION
Deepen your yoga practice and embark on a transformational journey to discover how embodying holistic and sustainable practices can radically shift the way you live and engage in the world.
Learn the foundations of yoga through asana, breathwork, and mindfulness in this unique program combining ancient yogic wisdom and the intelligence of nature. Gain the tools and resources to create and inspire change in yourself and your community. Awaken your potential!
THIS TRAINING IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
• Yogis interested in deepening their practice
• Changemakers, innovators, activists and teachers
• Counselors and human rights workers
• Yoga teachers seeking to deepen their facilitation and community building skills
• Practitioners interested in new tools and approaches to designing and creating change
• Seed planters
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
LEADERSHIP, COMMUNITY, SELF CARE + EARTH CARE
• Enhance your understanding of the foundational aspects of this ancient practice through asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, kriyas, philosophy, anatomy, lifestyle, ethics, and Ayurveda
• Learn form, benefits and cautions of principal asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriyas (cleansing techniques)
• Gain knowledge in anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
• Discover the subtle energy of yogic anatomy and how the chakras work
• Learn about Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
• Explore Ashtanga philosophy (the Eight-fold path)
• Study and discuss the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Explore various teaching methodologies, including modifications for age, focus and common injuries/conditions
• Become skilled at creating various class-styles: beginner, intermediate and an introduction to prenatal yoga
• Gain experience through a teaching practicum and receive feedback in a supportive environment
• Find your own unique expression as a yoga teacher
• Release self-limiting beliefs and step into your power as a leader!
COURSE OVERVIEW + FEATURES
• Build your personal practice and gather concrete tools to embody the wisdom of The 4 Paths of Yoga, and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Gain a greater understanding of the neurological, emotional, and physical effects of yoga
• Learn how to nurture compassionate relationships, healthy families and a peaceful, sustainable world through the practices of yoga and mindfulness
• Address issues of diversity, social justice, inclusion, and safety in a variety of contexts
• Discover the benefits and challenges of introducing yoga and mindfulness practices to diverse communities
• Explore the potential of matching ecological integrity with human needs through permaculture design and sustainable living practices
• Connect with nature to inform your journey
• Discover your own unique set of assets and tools
• Learn and experience participation-based tools that support project management and community impact projects in a new and different way through hands-on teaching
• Learn and apply sustainable project design tools to support a local community project
• Better understand how to design and manage a project in alignment with your values, skills, passion and leadership style
• Engage your community through crowdfunding, leveraging the power of the collective to support sustainable projects
• Discover the resources, inspiration, and community support you are seeking to change lives through yoga
• Connect to your inner teacher and learn how to leverage your skills and strengths with your unique purpose
• Nourish your mind, body and spirit, and be provided with the tools to create positive change with intention, confidence, and a fresh perspective
• Return home with a renewed sense of purpose and passion, expanded networking and community organizing skills, and the heartfelt inspiration you need to continue making a difference in the world
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
• In-depth training 5.5 days a week
• 1.5 days of unscheduled time to study and explore
• 4 weeks of accommodations at Atitlán Organics' Bambu Guest House (community living focused on harmonious relationships with the planet!)
• 3 delicious, organic vegetarian meals per day
• Fermentation workshop
• Daily yoga and meditation classes
• Cacao and sound ceremony
• Permaculture immersive
• Illustrated Akhanda Yoga Teacher Training Manual
• 200 hour Awakened Spirit Yoga Teacher Certification (YTT)*
*received upon successful completion of the program
ABOUT ATITLÁN ORGANICS
Want to immerse yourself in an energy-conscious, off-grid, resourceful community of like-minded folk? This is the place! Enjoy delicious vegetarian meals, breath-taking views, and freedom of expression while re-discovering your true nature and connection to Mother Earth.
Shad and the team at Atitlán Organics consider small-scale food production and localized resource utilization the wave of the future. They are proud to spread the good word of permaculture, nutrient dense food production, local resource utilization, and other sustainable practices, as these are the areas where positive change can be most effective in our lives and communities.
Studying Permaculture and Natural Building at Atitlán Organics will fast track your understanding of how to interact with natural systems. The educational impact of Atitlán Organics is not only inspirational, it is also a fully-functional, profitable, and off-the-grid permaculture farm. The systems they have in place allow both visitors and students to experience the principles of permaculture in real time. They run their own sustainable hotel onsite called Bambu Guest House – a brand new, natural building boasting bathrooms and balconies in each room, new comfy beds, wifi, super hot water, and amazing views of the surrounding lake, mountains, and rivers. Lodging is shared, but private. The Bambu Guest House has a Farm-to-Table Restaurant that serves delicious and filling organic meals mainly composed of Atitlán Organics products, with some help from other local farms. Currently, Atitlán Organics supplies all: milk, yogurt, cheese, salads, cooking greens, honey, coffee, chicken, taro root, pigeon peas, and herbs to the restaurant.
This was the best travel and training experience I've had in terms of self growth! I have more confidence and am able to communicate easier with others. I’ve gained a lot more knowledge about the way I interact with the world and have more compassion for myself and others. I feel equipped as a leader – mostly in terms of owning my practice, truth and voice without hesitation, but also in sequencing, and the history and principles of yoga. Yoga has transformed me in every way – it’s such a great outlook on healing and expression. Yara Kamal This training was the most authentic training I have ever participated in. Julia, Kristine & Shad did a fantastic job of taking the teachings of yoga & permaculture and presenting the material in a way that was relevant to our culture and time, allowing the teachings to feel alive while honoring it’s tradition. The emphasis on our connection to the environment and each other created a sense of community I haven’t found anywhere else.
- Learn form, benefits and cautions of principal asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Discover the subtle energy of yogic anatomy and how the chakras work
- Explore Ashtanga philosophy (the Eight-fold path)
- Study Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
- Learn how to nurture compassionate relationships, healthy families and a peaceful, sustainable world through the practices of yoga and mindfulness
- Explore the potential of matching ecological integrity with human needs through permaculture design and sustainable living practices
- Learn and experience participation-based tools that support project management and community impact projects in a new and different way through hands-on teaching
- Discover and apply sustainable project design tools to support a local community project
Venue HighlightsLake Atitlan has been called one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, and in our humble opinion it is! At the Bambu you will re-connect with nature, falling asleep to the sounds of the nearby stream burbling past and waking to amazing sunrises over the lake. Nearby Atitlan Organics permaculture farm is a great opportunity to connect with Mother Earth and re-discover the harmony between humans and the natural world.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleWhile each day will be different and focus on various themes and topics, here is a sample daily schedule to give you an idea of what a day on the Awakened Spirit YTT will look like:
6:30 Yoga and meditation
9:30 Yoga philosophy/ teaching methodology or anatomy
10:45 Tea break
11:00 Yoga Lab/ techniques
14:00 Working Meditation
15:00 Yoga philosophy/ permaculture lecture or practicum
16:30 Yoga Lab/ techniques
*20:00-21:00 optional film or satsang twice per week
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineRetreat participants will receive three delicious, nourishing meals (with dessert!) throughout the day as well as mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks, and tea, coffee, and filtered water throughout the day. Our restaurant is supplied by Atitlan Organics permaculture farm and other local producers to ensure the freshest meals possible. Trust us, your belly will be happy!
AccommodationsLodging is in shared but spacious rooms. Twin and double beds available. Each room has a private bathroom with hot water, wifi, a balcony with hammocks and seating, amazing views, and comfy beds!
DirectionsComing from Antigua or Guatemala City you must travel to Panajachel, which is one of the three big towns on the lake and takes about 3-4 hours by shuttle. To get to Panajachel, you can take a tourist shuttle from Antigua for roughly Q100 per person or Q225 per person from Guatemala City. There are also private shuttle options that will you take you straight to our door in Tzununa. We can help make arrangements with any of this, so just let us know if you want some help.
From Panajachel, you take a boat (lancha) at the public dock. Tell the captain that you are going to the town of Tzununa ("zoo-new-nah") which is three public stops from Panajachel. This costs roughly Q15-20 per person.
Get off at the public dock in Tzununa and take a tuk tuk (little three wheeled car), tell them you want to go to El Bambu. This costs Q5 per person. When you get to El Bambu, go through the gate and up to the main building.
As noted, we are in the quiet, little town of Tzununa. From the guest house you are less than a 10-minute walk to the lake and less than 20 meters from beautiful rivers. You are a 45-minute walk or a 10-minute tuk tuk ride away from the town of San Marcos La Laguna. This has many places to eat, drink, practice yoga, etc.
We can help you get to the lake from Antigua, the airport, or from anywhere. Just contact us and we can arrange a shuttle for you.