True Nature Belize Eco-Healing Retreat
- Chaa Creek
- San Ignacio, Belize
- Dec 8 - 13, 2018 (6 days)
- $1600-$1695 depending on when you sign up
Return to your True Nature on a 6-day journey with yoga therapist, Yael Flusberg & spiritual intuitive, Amanda Rieger Green. While nestled in the powerful and mystical land of the ancient Mayas in the Belize jungle, you will return to a genuine and simple way of being using yoga, meditation, breathwork, shamanic journeying, energetic healing, journaling, and healing from the land itself.
Chaa Creek sits on a private 400-acre nature reserve along the banks of the Macal River in the foothills of the Maya Mountains. This unique eco-healing retreat and Mayan rainforest immersion with Yael & Amanda will offer you space to tap into your innate wisdom and make life-long connections with a new tribe!
“I kicked off my year by attending my first yoga retreat. I went alone. Intending to “get away from it all,” I instead moved closer to what required change outside of paradise. The retreat’s format and facilitation equipped me with the awareness, tools, and community to Quit the Dumb Sh*t (a great line from a poem we read at the retreat). Led by the gifted and gracious Yael, my nervous system experienced a complete reset. Lulled to sleep by the ocean’s waves, eating well without the work, luxuriating in the beautiful surroundings; it was easier to breathe deeply. Absent demands and distractions, the simple modalities of writing, conversation, and standup paddle boarding prepared me for the year’s challenges. The retreat was a major turning point and its impact lasted all year." Parker T
- -Enjoy the 400-acre Chaa Creek Rainforest Reserve
- -Practice yoga & meditation twice daily (am & pm), Yin, Vinyasa & Hatha (all levels welcome)
- -Participate in group healing workshops & exercises designed to revitalize your True Nature
- -Experience 2 evening shamanic ceremonies (opening & closing)
- -Experience guided tours of the Chaa Creek Natural History Centre & Butterfly Exhibit
- -Visit the ancient Mayan ruins and pyramid of Xunantunich with an expert guide
- -Hike the Ruta Maya Medicinal Plant Trail
- -Explore a Mayan Ceremonial Cave by canoe with a guide & swim in the waterfalls afterwards
- -Go river tubing and canoeing on the Macal River
- -Trek on a morning Bird Walk with Naturalist Guides
- -Experience a guided interpretive tour of our Rainforest Medicine Trail that connects onto the path to the Macal River Camp.
- -Delight in the food from the 30-acre Maya Organic, sustainable farm
Venue HighlightsChaa Creek sits on the Macal River at the base of the Maya mountains. We chose this particular place in Belize to host our retreat in part because of the very qualities of the rainforest: protected, nurturing, slow. (We could even say very yin-like!) We believe that immersing in nature is a radical act of (re)attuning ourselves to what really matters in our lives. This is the nature of healing: returning to essence, and sensing the richness that gives us to connect more deeply -- to ourselves, to others, to the natural world. In that space, all sorts of things get unstuck. All sorts of decisions can be made, with creativity and compassion.
To support our inner work, we'll be staying in a small camp within a larger resort. Its simplicity gestates the necessity -- and beauty -- of letting go. Its location (just off of a medicinal plant path, a short walk to the main lodge), promises to be as much of a gentle presence and guide as Amanda and I will try to be for you. And, while you'll have the space to rock in your hammock while watching birds and monkeys travel from branch to branch, you'll also have access to amenities like farm-to-table organic meals, an infinity swimming pool, and spa treatments. The perfect (read: yang) complement to all that yin!
ScheduleEvery day will be a bit different, depending on whether there is an excursion planned but typically it will look like this:
* Yoga/Meditation Practice
* Free time in the afternoon with optional activities such as Mayan ruins, Caving, Birding, Kayaking, Swimming, Horseback Riding, etc.
* Late Afternoon Yoga/Meditation/Workshop
* Fire circles and other optional gatherings
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineWe will eat brunch and dinner together at the Macal River Camp (included in retreat package). Meals are sustainable grown and freshly harvested from the 33-acre Maya Organic Farm which is an integral part of the Chaa Creek Reserve. The farm integrates traditional Maya farming with more advanced systems of irrigated raised beds of composted soil fed with nutrients derived from nature's store house. Freshly harvested organic fruits and vegetables from the traditional Maya Farm are complimented by local dairy and meat products to create a distinct flavor of the Caribbean and Latin American region.
Lunch or snacks is on your own. Chaa Creek has a wonderful restaurant on-site. A typical lunch is about $8-12.