Rural Farm Stay at a Thai Pool Villa
- Gecko Villa Farm Stay in Rural Thailand
- Gecko Villa,137 moo 13, Um Chan, Udon Thani
- From US$115 per person, all meals included
Enjoy a relaxing stay of 2 nights or more at a private Thai pool villa on a working rice farm in the rural northeast of the Kingdom.
Gecko Villa (https://www.geckovilla.com) was established and is run by a Thai rice-farming family living in Udon Thani province's countryside. Come and enjoy a truly unusual way to experience Thailand off the beaten track, at this Thai private pool villa set on a working rice and cattle farm. You will enjoy the privacy, calm and natural setting of the villa to the full, and we will drop by to prepare delicious Thai meals for you which are included in the rental rates throughout your stay.
We are also on hand to show you around the area, with its historical sites and places of natural beauty, bustling markets and colourful festivals, and to involve you in the local ways of life.
You might like:
- to learn to cook local Thai dishes
- to explore the farm or local temples, villages and lakes on foot or by bike or tuk-tuk
- to participate in rice harvesting or planting
- to offer alms to the Buddhist monks,
- to simply relax with a traditional Thai massage by the private swimming pool
- ...or to get involved with any of the other eclectic activities offered.
Trips beyond the property can also be easily arranged, for example to the Red Lotus Sea Visit, to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ban Chiang, or to the market of Kumphawapee with its freely roaming monkeys...
Perfect! Great people, a really friendly welcome, and a bunch of authentic and new experiences.
- Highlights depend on the season of your visit and your own interests - we will tailor make your stay following discussions with you prior to your arrival.
Venue HighlightsFree transport to and from the airport (Udon Thani) is provided.
All meals included
Local guide at your service
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Bicycles For Rent
ScheduleThis can vary depending on season and preferences.
You could take a boat trip across the breathtaking red lotus lake, or sweat it out in the rice paddies; relax poolside with a Thai massage, or get to work feeding the goats. Savour Thai meals - or learn to cook them yourself. it is up to you!
- Includes Meat
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineFreshly cooked Thai meals. We discuss guests' preferences prior to arrival so we can tailor our menu to their tastes.
King sized beds
3 Bedrooms, sleeps 6
Towels, toiletries etc provided