Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – Part 1: Foundations
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Apr 28 - May 3, 2019 (6 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,125.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,125.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,325.00 LGH - Single - $1,425.00 LGH - Double - $1,425.00 LGH - Family room - $1,425.00 Tent-Site - $1,000.00 (All prices include $750.00 base…
Part 1: April 28–May 3, 2019
10% Off Tuition for those registering for Parts 1 and 2
Restorative Yoga is the practice of placing the body into a specific Yoga asana (posture) using the support of props such as bolsters, pillows, blocks, blankets, or chairs. These gentle asanas literally hold and maintain the position of the body as one releases mental and physical tension. In this supported state, the asana can be held for a significantly longer period of time, which facilitates a state of deeper relaxation. This extended duration allows the innate intelligence of the body to reintegrate the system to its natural state of balance and peace as the tension dissolves and melts away.
The Restorative Yoga poses may be offered as an alternative to regular asanas, when one is low in energy, during times of mental or physical stress, as well as during a time of physical illness, healing, or crisis. The supported poses enable one to receive the benefit of the asana without exerting muscular effort.
In Part 1, you will learn how to:
- Teach a complete, balanced 90-minute Restorative Yoga class
- Adapt the basic poses for shorter classes and incorporate restorative poses into regular Hatha Yoga classes and practices
- Instruct, modify, and adjust poses for individual needs
- Create a safe, relaxing one-on-one restorative session
- Practice stress management with Restorative Yoga
- Safely and effectively use props: what props to use, when to use them, care, and storage
- Teach restorative Yoga Nidra (supported relaxation poses)
- Incorporate other healing aspects of Yoga into your practice
- Develop a personal Restorative Yoga practice
- All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.
200-hour Integral Yoga® Hatha Teacher Training Certification or the equivalent. Students certified in other Yoga traditions will be considered on an individual basis. Experienced Yoga students interested in deepening their understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga may also apply to be considered.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 50 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details
You will be certified to teach Restorative Yoga after completing Part 1. Certification in Restorative Yoga is received for completing each segment. Each part may be taken individually for approximately 50 hours towards RYT 500-hour certification.
Both parts must be completed to apply towards Integral Yoga Therapy 800-hour certification.
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart (and leads me to my own) while sneaking in [science] under the radar… [Her students are] blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
Satya is so fresh in her teachings, she has beginner’s mind and is the embodiment of Sat-chit-ananda (truth, knowledge, bliss)! — Program Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.