7 Day Sacred Mythic Journey Bali, Indonesia
- BALI – THE ISLAND OF THE GODS
- This exotic 7 day Sacred Mythic Journey begins in the enchanting island of Bali. From magnificent mountains to rugged coastlines to volcanic hillsides to black sandy beaches, it’s no surprise Bali is known as the ‘Island of the Gods’. Perhaps the only things that match the intensity of Bali’s world-famous natural wonders are its cultural and spiritual charm.
- THE POWER OF SPIRITUAL OFFERINGS & RITUAL
- There’s a spiritual feeling ingrained into the land in Bali as you wake up every morning, apart from the roosters crocking their lungs out. The women of the island religiously begin their day with prayers at their homes, some in their local shops …while some in a temple. At the crack of the dawn, the women here splash a bucket of water on their front porch.
- The smell of the incense wafting through the air. Bunches of Plumeria and various colours of Frangipani are adorned mildly on intricately square-shaped palm leaves pinned together with bamboo sticks like a basket called the Canang Sari. The decorated palm couture is prayed upon and kept in every nook and cranny of Bali. The different colours of flowers in this palm tray symbolizes a Hindu God. Sometimes the offering includes betel nuts, lime and even tobacco. The Balinese offering known as Banten is a form dedication to god as a Thank you note, as well as to the demons – not as a prayer per se but as a request to stay away.
- THE SACRED MONKEY FOREST
- The Sacred Monkey Forest’s mission is of conservation of the area within its boundaries according to the Hindu principle of Tri Hata Karana (“Three ways to reach spiritual and physical well-being”), which seeks to make people live harmoniously during their lives. The “three ways” to this goal under the Tri Hata Karanadoctrine are harmonious relationships between humans and humans, between humans and the natural environment, and between humans and The Supreme God. Accordingly, the Monkey Forest has a philosophical goal of creating peace and harmony for visitors from all over the world. The grounds are home to three Hindu temples, all apparently constructed around 1350. The temples play an important role in the spiritual life of the local community, and the monkey and its mythology are important in the Balinese art tradition. The Monkey Forest area is sanctified by the local community, and some parts of it are not open to view by the public. Sacred areas of the temples are closed to everyone except those willing to pray and wear proper Balinese praying attire.
- KAWAH IJEN – THE MESMERIZING BLUE VOLCANO
- Volcanoes are the center of folklore and myth wherever they exist. These fiery mountains prone to unexpectedly erupting in cascades of lava and ash have inspired and frightened humans for centuries. However, there is one volcano that has a reputation that surpasses all others, Indonesia’s Kawah Ijen volcano, otherwise known as the blue volcano. It is one of the world’s most unusual volcanoes because instead of producing the usual red lava and black smoke, its underground activities result in bright blue flames rising into the air. Some people even call it electric blue fire. So pack a respirator in your luggage and come join us as we hike out to the crater to witness the stunning blue flames for ourselves!
- What’s Included:
- -Comfortable accommodations throughout the journey
- -All in-country local ground transportation
- -Healthy and balanced fresh food diet, juices and herbal teas
- -Welcome celebration meal and farewell meal
- -Local national park entrance fees
- -Transformational workshops and/or ceremonies
- -Inspirational facilitators, guides and shamans
- -Private one-on-one consultations (if requested)
- -15% of your total contribution goes towards supporting local indigenous communities
- What’s NOT Included:
- -International and in-country domestic flights
- -Personal travel and medical insurance (optional)
- -Essential kit list items
- -Tourist visas
- -Private taxi to/from local airport before and after the journey
- -Extra personal expenses (e.g. snacks & drinks in-between meals, clothes washing)
- Terms & Conditions
- -Cancellations made more than 2 months from the journey start date will be fully refunded but excluding a 50% cancellation fee.
- -Cancellations made within 2 months of the journey start date are fully non-refundable.
- UP AND COMING JOURNEY DATES
- New Moon of the 4th May – First Quarter Moon of the 10th May 2019
- First Quarter Moon of the 1st May – Full Moon of the 7th May 2020
- Last Quarter Moon of the 5th May – New Moon of the 11th May 2021
About This Event
This exotic 7 day Sacred Mythic Journey begins in the enchanting island of Bali. From magnificent mountains to rugged coastlines to volcanic hillsides to black sandy beaches, it’s no surprise Bali is known as the ‘Island of the Gods’. Perhaps the only things that match the intensity of Bali’s world-famous natural wonders are its cultural and spiritual charm.
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. —Helen Keller
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Pablo Pereira Santos April 23, 2017
Thank You for your project. Amazing see the connection and the possibility of share our deep desires. Soon we will be together in one of yours retreats. Until then hope can meet you here in Las Vegas. Congratulations again and have a unbelievable journey! Pablo Pereira.