7 Day Sacred Mythic Journey Lake Titicaca, Bolivia
This intense 7 day Sacred Mythic Journey begins in Bolivia, where we will travel to the ancient ruins of Tiwanaku. The journey then continues on to the Islands of the Sun and the Moon in Lake Titicaca, said to be the birthplace of the Inkas. These sacred islands represent two of the greatest natural and cultural monuments of South America. The natural beauty and power of these places is impossible to describe; you simply have to visit them to appreciate it.
Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. —Jamie Paolinetti
- AN OASIS FOR HEALING
- This intense 7 day Sacred Mythic Journey begins in Bolivia, where we will travel to the ancient ruins of Tiwanaku. The journey then continues on to the Islands of the Sun and the Moon in Lake Titicaca, said to be the birthplace of the Inkas. These sacred islands represent two of the greatest natural and cultural monuments of South America. The natural beauty and power of these places is impossible to describe; you simply have to visit them to appreciate it.
- THE HOMELAND OF THE INKAS
- The Andes run the entire length of South America, from the humid tropics of the Caribbean to the ice fields of Patagonia. The longest north-south mountain range in the world, the Andes encompass a tremendous range of ecosystems and are home to a rich variety of plant and animal species and human communities.
- THE QUECHUA INDIANS OF THE HIGH ANDES
- The Quechua Indians of the central Andes are the direct descendants of the Incas. The Inca Empire, which existed for a century before the arrival of the Spanish, was a highly developed civilization. The Inca Empire stretched from parts of present-day Colombia in the north, southward into Chile. The Incas had an impressive governing structure.
- STEPPING INTO A DIFFERENT WORLD
- The elders spoke of the transformation of the human species that has already begun and is well under way. It is called the Pachakuti – the world turning upside down. The current Pachakuti that the Western world is experiencing now is the returning to a way of living that is right side up so to speak. The elder shamans say that Homo Sapiens are becoming extinct, and that we are becoming Homo Luminous; and that we are the ones we have been waiting for.
- DOORWAYS BETWEEN WORLDS
- The Inka believe a new day is dawning. The doorways between the worlds are opening holes in time that we can step through and beyond, where our human capabilities propel us to heights never experienced before. We have the knowledge to craft new physical bodies that age differently, heal differently, and that possibly may never die. These bodies offer us the opportunity to step beyond the world we have known, where we can once again embark on our journey, returning to the stars.
- THE Q’ERO AND THE PROPHECIES
- According to legend, when the Q’ero first appeared at the feast of the Collor Riti wearing ponchos emblazoned with the royal emblem of the Sun, an aisle parted in the thousands gathered and the elders of the medicine people welcomed them, saying, “We have been waiting for you for five hundred years.” They are the Inkas, the last original descendants of the Children of the Sun, and they have returned to deliver the prophecy entrusted to them foretelling of the End of Time. But they have also been the keepers of a body of processes, of rites of passage that usher in who we are becoming as a people and a planet.
- HUACHUMA – HEART MEDICINE FOR THE PEOPLE
- San Pedro, locally known as Huachuma, is a cactus that grows all along the Andes (and now North America as well). The earliest recorded shamanic use of this plant available to us dates back over 3000 years, and there are reasons to believe its use is much more ancient than that – both the physical and psychic fabric of this part of the world is informed with the energy of this plant teacher. San Pedro is used for healing as well as mystical purposes. Its energy opens up one’s channels, allowing one to connect deeply with oneself as well as the entire cosmos and other spiritual dimensions.
- MYTH AND MYSTERY INTERTWINED
- According to Incan lore, after a great flood, the god Viracocha arose from Lake Titicaca to create the world. He commanded the sun (Inti), moon (Mama Kilya) and stars to rise, then went to Tiahuanaco to create the first human beings, Mallku Kapac and Mama Ocllo. These first humans, the “Inca Adam and Eve,” were formed from stone and brought to life by Viracocha, who commanded them to go out and populate the world. Thus Lake Titicaca is the birthplace of the Incas, whose spirits return to their origin in the lake upon death.
- What’s Included:
- -Comfortable accommodations throughout the journey
- -All in-country local ground transportation
- -Healthy and balanced fresh food diet, juices and herbal teas
- -Welcome celebration meal and farewell meal
- -Local national park entrance fees
- -Transformational workshops and/or ceremonies
- -Inspirational facilitators, guides and shamans
- -Private one-on-one consultations (if requested)
- -15% of your total contribution goes towards supporting local indigenous communities
- What’s NOT Included:
- -International and in-country domestic flights
- -Personal travel and medical insurance (optional)
- -Essential kit list items
- -Tourist visas
- -Private taxi to/from local airport before and after the journey
- -Extra personal expenses (e.g. Snacks & drinks in-between meals, clothes washing)
- Terms & Conditions
- -Cancellations made more than 2 months from the journey start date will be fully refunded but excluding a 50% cancellation fee.
- -Cancellations made within 2 months of the journey start date are fully non-refundable.
- UP AND COMING JOURNEY DATES
- First Quarter Moon of the 9th July – Full Moon of the 15th July 2019
- Last Quarter Moon of the 15th July – New Moon of the 21st July 2020
- New Moon of the 10th July – First Quarter Moon of the 16th July 2021