Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – Part 2: Therapeutic Applications
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Sep 22 - 27, 2019 (6 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,125.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,125.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,325.00 LGH - Single - $1,425.00 LGH - Double - $1,425.00 LGH - Family room - $1,425.00 Tent-Site - $1,000.00 (All prices include $750.00 base…
In Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – Part 2, you will explore the therapeutic applications of the rejuvenating practice of Restorative Yoga.
Restorative Yoga is the practice of placing the body into a specific Yoga asana (posture) using the support of props such as bolsters, pillows, blocks, blankets, or chairs. These gentle asanas literally hold and maintain the position of the body as one releases mental and physical tension. In this supported state, the asana can be held for a significantly longer period of time which facilitates a state of deeper relaxation. This extended duration allows the innate intelligence of the body to reintegrate the system to its natural state of balance and peace as the tension dissolves and melts away.
The Restorative Yoga poses may be offered as an alternative to regular asanas, when one is low in energy, during times of mental or physical stress, as well as during a time of physical illness, healing, or crisis. The supported poses enable one to receive the benefit of the asana without exerting muscular effort.
Part 2 curriculum:
- Learn a complete sequence of restorative poses to enhance the breath
- Learn to use restorative poses to teach pranayama (breathing exercises) and other more subtle practices of Yoga
- Discover modifications and adaptations of restorative poses and learn sequences for specific needs
- Practice using Nada Yoga (Yoga of sound) with Restorative Yoga
- Learn about the 5 koshas (layers of Self) in respect to Restorative Yoga
- Create effective therapeutic restorative sessions for individuals and groups
- Deepen your understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga
All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.
Completion of Integral Yoga Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Part 1 or equivalent. Restorative Yoga teachers from other traditions will be considered on an individual basis.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 50 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 50 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
Certification in Restorative Yoga is received for completing each segment.
Each part may be taken individually for approximately 50 hours towards RYT 500-hour certification.
Both parts must be completed to apply towards the Integral Yoga Therapy 800-hour certification.
An application is required if you didn’t take Part 1.
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart (and leads me to my own) while sneaking in academia under the radar… [Her students are] blessed with knowledge, support, and growth.— Past Participant
Satya is so fresh in her teachings, she has beginner’s mind and is the embodiment of Sat-chit-ananda! — Program Participant
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free