Yoga of the Heart: Cardiac and Cancer Certification Training
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jul 18 - 27, 2019 (10 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,800.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,800.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,115.00 LGH - Single - $2,285.00 LGH - Double - $2,285.00 LGH - Family room - $2,285.00 Tent-Site - $1,595.00 (All prices include $1,185.00…
Would you like to share Yoga with those at risk for or living with heart disease, cancer, or other life-altering illnesses? In this program, you’ll learn how the theory of Yoga can be applied to disease and general health. Yoga of the HeartⓇ is an evidence-based blend of Eastern and Western therapy, which allows the heart to expand through compassion and a love for one’s self and others.
In Yoga of the Heart, you’ll explore:
- Tailoring practices for the individual
- The psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of disease
- Interfacing with the medical community
- The virtues of a vegetarian diet
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and immune systems
Each day of the training includes adaptive Hatha Yoga, practice classes, group meditation, and discussion. You will leave with the skills needed to teach Yoga in a hospital, in a clinical setting, privately, or in your own healthcare practice.
200-hour Yoga teacher training certification or experience as a healthcare provider with a Yoga background.
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 100 contact hours
- Nurses: Approved for 50 credit hours*
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
* Nurses: This activity has been approved to AAOHN for award contact hours. The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses is an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The course is didactic and experiential, allowing a full and rich experience for teachers and practitioners alike.
- Yoga classes adapted and applied for patients
- Physical postures
- Psycho-social aspects of disease
- Breathing practices
- Physiology of disease
- Research findings
- Interfacing with the medical community
- The Abundant WellBeing Series (four CDs used in the Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease)
- A course-specific, 300-page manual
- The Healing Path of Yoga, by Nischala Devi
Research: American Medical Association – Lifestyle Heart Trial Study
Research: Intensive Lifestyle Changes may Affect the Progression of Prostate Cancer
The power of the heart—LOVE—was what I experienced. Sincere, compassionate, unconditional, selfless, and humble are just some of the words to describe Nischala and Bhaskar. Her years of dedication and service are appreciated. It was a blessing and honor to share their ocean of knowledge. — Tehut Ami
Our hearts can unwittingly lead us down a path to dis-ease. Being a Yoga instructor who received a diagnosis of cancer opened my eyes. As my disease and medical treatments began to strip me of my personal power, I found that my Yoga practice returned it back to me. Yoga of the Heart is an inspired course that can help us, as yogis, to empower our students and ourselves with a strong heart and the tools we need to heal at every level. — Jyoti Sinanian
Nischala is a blend of medical science, mystery, myth, and spirit, all wrapped into a joyful, humorous purple shawl. — Chris Schulz
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.