Yoga Therapy in Cancer and Chronic Illness – Level 1: YCat
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 1 - 10, 2019 (10 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $2,020.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $2,020.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,345.00 LGH - Single - $2,515.00 LGH - Double - $2,515.00 LGH - Family room - $2,515.00 (All prices include $1,395.00 base amount)
Founded in 1990, YCat Yoga Therapy is a three-level, professional certification training for health professionals and experienced Yoga teachers that is designed to enable them to work safely with people facing cancer, common chronic illnesses, aging, and end of life.
Many YCat Yoga therapists are working in medical settings around the country, including outpatient clinics, infusion centers, and inpatient units like bone marrow transplant units. Other YCat therapists become valuable team members in wellness centers, in Yoga studios, and in private practice.
The program provides medical and scientific rationales for each aspect of the curriculum and is research and evidence-based. Simultaneously, it is also rich in Swami Satchidananda’s interpretation of the Yoga Sutras with respect to how the teachings of the Sutras can help you and your clients gain control of the mind and the senses when dealing with pain and suffering, illness and disease, life and death, and daily moment-to-moment challenges.
Topics include aspects of:
- Biology, physiology, and pathophysiology of cancer
- Common chronic illnesses
- Health-supporting adaptations in movement, breathing, imagery, relaxation, meditation, chanting, and other valuable Yoga practices
The intensive ten-day YCat training includes some pre-program preparation and reading assignments. Certificates of training are awarded upon completion of all three YCat levels to Yoga teachers who hold a 200-hour Yoga teacher training certificate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about YCat Levels 2 and 3.
- A 200-hr Yoga teacher training certification
- Or training as a licensed health professional (LHP). LHPs will receive a certificate of attendance. To receive the training certification, LHPs will need to obtain a 200-hour Yoga training certificate.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 90 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
Susheela was extremely knowledgeable and drew from personal and professional experience to bring real meaning and understanding to this learning process… It was a pleasure to learn from her and spend time with her. — Pam Wilson
I can’t thank you enough for how your healing energies empowered me through surgeries. — Past Participant
I came into this program with the intent of helping people with cancer. I learned a lot about myself in the process. I felt heard, acknowledged and accepted throughout my experience. — Past Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.