Ignite Your Inner Flame Fire and Ritual Performance Retreat
- Dominical, Puntarenas Province, Savegre, Costa Rica
- Feb 21 - 27, 2019 (7 days)
Have YOU always wanted to DANCE with FIRE?
Are you a lover of DANCE who desires to IGNITE your FIRE?
Are you a fire spinner who seeks more INTENTION and RITUAL in your performance?
Are you ready to be initiated into the fire?
IF you said "YES" to any of these questions, YOU have found your ULTIMATE Fire Retreat:
Let us "Ignite Your Inner Flame"
A FIRE AND RITUAL PERFORMANCE RETREAT FOR ANYONE SEEKING TO DANCE WITH FIRE WITH INTENTION
A Retreat embedded in ritual and reverence to the FIRE element, experience the ultimate fire retreat where we co-create and deep dive into the inner flame of our heart's desires.
This retreat will leave you feeling embodied as a flowing fire weaverof magic.
Any and All Skill Levels are WELCOME .
Come Join us in this one-of-a-kind "Light Your Life On Fire" Experience
Your New Tribe awaits you...
A Fire and Performance Retreat designed for ALL levels of fire-dancers: from the newly-sparked to the seasoned performers... if you have never tried dancing with fire, we welcome you to your initiation...
This retreat is for you if you:
- Already have a flow and movement practice and are interested in adding the Fire element
- Have a deep desire to integrate the Fire element into your movement and flow practices
- Seeking a more ritual and integrated approach to fire spinning
- Desire to create more intention and ritual into your fire and flow expressions
- Seek a community-based fire dancing approach to performances
- Long to celebrate the success of your fire performers in a collaborative way
- Want to learn some technical and flow-based skills using a variety of props
- Have an open mind and a willingness to participate fully within a group setting
Workshops will focus on creating intentional movement practices to develop a deeply grounded approach to fire dancing. These embodiment practices will hone our awareness to facilitate a playful and connected experience.
A fire, flow and ritual framework for embodied performance workshops:
- The Art of Play: A Zen Approach to Fire and Flow Props
- Fire as a Moving Meditation
- Integrating Ritual in your Flow: take your Fire dance to the NEXT level with Intention and Ritual
- Flow Infusion: How to incorporate flow with any prop
- Poi Foundations and self expression
- Ecstatic Hoop Dance
- Bellydance Spins and turns
- Silk Veil Dance
- Unveiling your Inner Flame through the lens of Temple Body Arts
- Fire Ceremony basics: how to hold space and create a fire offering
- Fire Safety Basics
- Creating Intentional Performance within Fire Spinning : Deep Dive into offering your heart's desire
- Multi-Prop Play with Group Choreography
- Designing Dynamic and Ritual-based Group Performances
- Creating community and connections within your fire performance
- Awaken your inner Lalita, the Goddess of spiritual eroticism : Temple Body Arts Journey guided by Sofiah Thom
She’s mad but she’s magic. There’s no lie to her fire. — CHARLES BUKOWSKI
- This All Inclusive Retreat is a unique Fire and Flow embodied experience designed for ALL skill levels. You will be immersed in ALL things FIRE and FLOW and leave feeling nurtured, connected and inspired to LIVE LIFE ON FIRE!
- What’s included?
- 7 day/6 night Lodging at Danyasa Retreat Center (see options here).
- Daily Morning Yoga and Movement Workshops.
- Daily Evening Fire Play and Ceremony Circles.
- Daily Afternoon Dance and Ritual Workshops
- Two Delicious Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian meals daily by Edible Alchemy.
- 4-Hour Workshop with Sofiah Thom of Temple Body Arts School.
- Bonus 3-Hour Workshop and Costume/Rehearsal Prep for Envision.
- Intention-Setting Practices to take home to serve your life.
- Co-created Ritual Performance practices in a group setting.
- Play-based approach to movement and creative expression.
- Free time to explore the surrounding beach and the jungle!
- Time is Love Service Project, a community project offering.
- Performance Workshops designed to create dynamic interpersonal connections.
- Performance Opportunities : at Envision Festival & local restaurants in Dominical.
- We activate with Dance, Movement, Yoga, Prop integration, Fire Play, Ritual, and Nourishment each day to ignite your spirit with INTENTION & FIRE. Classes focus through the lens of intentional movement & integration with the element of fire - enabling you with new ideas, deeper understanding, embodiment, and elemental inspiration. DAILY you'll experience: 1 Hour of Guided Yoga/Movement practice, 6 Hours of Studio Time for flow and dance/integration/choreography workshops & 1.5 hours of Fire Play.
Venue HighlightsDanyasa uses only the most eco-friendly soaps, detergents and cleaning products, produced in Costa Rica & mindfully reduces waste and use whenever possible. Guests have access to a fully equipped shared kitchen, sun deck, swimming pool, lounge area, and free filtered hot or cold water & morning coffee or tea. Plus, the beach is just 5 minutes away!
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleExample daily schedule:
A divine morning flow practice designed to get you into your body, followed by a delicious breakfast of nourishing, healthy Costa Rican foods. Our morning 2-3 hour Dance workshop in Danyasa's bamboo studio, then LUNCH and free time on your own!
An Afternoon 3+ hour Movement session in the bamboo studio, followed by a delectable Dinner by Edible Alchemy. To ignite your FIRE : an evening fire play/workshop either around the pool area or another tropical outdoor location for diving into the FIRE element.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineEating is a full-body sensory experience. We will offer a variety of plant-based meals to support our energy needs throughout this retreat. Mental clarity, grounded energy and cooling delights for delectable and tasty creations.
Edible Alchemy Foods
Nutritious and local food is essential to healthy individuals & communities. This retreat experience will be offering the best in locally sources nutritious meals to support our health and wellness from the inside out. Edible Alchemy cultures a vibrant food community from the ground up.
Plant-Based Meal Options
Eating is a full-body sensory experience. We will offer a variety of plant-based meals to support our energy needs throughout this retreat. Mental clarity, grounded energy and cooling delights for delectable and tasty creations.
Nutrient-dense and flavor-filled
Combining highly nutritious foods with tons of flavor options for every palate, our meals aim to wake up your senses and create synergy with your entire digestion system, leaving you feeling satiated and nurtured.
Locally sourced Whole Foods
We will source as much locally grown foods in their natural state as possible. The seasonal fruits and vegetables available will be a main food staple during our retreat experience. This is a time to try new food as Costa Rica has so much to offer.
AccommodationsDanyasa offers an intimate eco-accommodation experience with a total of twelve eco-luxury rooms - created out of beautifully refurbished (up-cycled) cargo containers. All rooms have real mattresses, 1500 thread count sheets, air conditioning, personal decks, & wifi.
DirectionsDirections to Danyasa
CLOSEST AIRPORT: SJO-SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
Getting to Danyasa Eco-Retreat is easy. If renting a car, you can follow the directions and map below to find us. Allow 3 hours to arrive in Dominical from the airport in San Jose. We do highly recommend renting a GPS with your vehicle, as most streets in Costa Rica do not have signs or even names!
Shared ride shuttles provide another option for getting to us. Sit back and watch the scenery and leave the driving to the pros. Shared ride shuttles usually leave from the Juan Santamaria International Airport and generally cost around $55 each way. The shuttles take about 3 hours. We generally recommend Monkey Rides www.monkeyridecr.com or Easy Ride www.easyridecr.com.
After you register for the retreat, we will contact you regarding your flight arrival times and attempt to team you up with other retreaters on similar schedules.
Private shuttles from San Jose airport or the city run $160 and take about 3 hours.
One can also take a 20 minute airplane flight from San Jose to Quepos and then take a taxi or rent a car to drive the remaining 30 minutes south to Dominical.
And lastly, public buses can take you from downtown San Jose right to our doorstep. The buses leave from the TRACOPA bus terminal, and the bus line is called Delio Morales. You will have to buy a ticket to Uvita, but you can get off anywhere. There are two buses each day. Each bus stops briefly at Orotina and Quepos before arriving at Dominical. The buses leave at 6am and 3pm and take about 5 hours to get to Dominical.