LifeForce Yoga to Manage Your Mood
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jun 28 - 30, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $440.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $440.00 Dormitory - Private - $510.00 LGH - Single - $560.00 LGH - Double - $560.00 LGH - Family room - $560.00 Tent-Site - $380.00 (All prices include $260.00 base amount)
The author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression guides you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood. LifeForce Yoga® interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached!
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriya (yogic cleanses) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asanas suitable for all levels
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body. This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Fulfills the prerequisite for the LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 12 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Amy was wonderful. I learned so much about meditation and breathing techniques. She taught Yoga that allowed us to meet on the mat in the exact mood we were in. Useful even if you aren’t in the mental health field. — Courtney Little
I have learned a tremendous amount about how Yoga can help manage mood both for myself and for my students. The atmosphere of the training was so inviting and warm, and it was wonderful to embrace the love that was coming from all the “Precious Beings” in the training. I will take away such valuable tools and memories from it all. — Danelle Haymore
LFY blends science and soul. It equips teachers, healers, therapists and social workers with the knowledge and confidence needed to heal others suffering from mood disorders and trauma. — Lindsey Wrable
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.