Accessible Yoga Training
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 29 - Apr 1, 2019 (4 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $905.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $905.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,035.00 LGH - Single - $1,105.00 LGH - Double - $1,105.00 LGH - Family room - $1,105.00 Tent-Site - $820.00 Shri Nivas - Private Room and Bath - $1,105.00 (All prices i
Discover how to make the Yoga teachings available to everyone, regardless of their level of physical ability, during the Accessible Yoga Training. Learn to create integrated Accessible Yoga classes where all students can practice together. Explore the many ways that Yoga practice can be modified to suit students with disabilities or physical challenges, as well as seniors.
Emphasizing inclusivity, the training will address how to make Yoga classes welcoming to everyone and how to approach students in a trauma-informed way. Additionally, we will consider how to incorporate Yoga philosophy and meditation into your classes, and how Yoga can be used to support health and healing for every body. Included in this training will be a review of common medical conditions so that you can have a basic understanding of these issues.
The Accessible Yoga Training curriculum includes:
- Adapted asanas (postures) and variations of popular asanas
- Techniques for creating integrated Accessible Yoga classes
- Sample Accessible Yoga classes—on the floor, in a chair, or in a bed
- Overview of common medical conditions, such as diabetes, arthritis, respiratory diseases, cancer, H.I.V./AIDS, heart disease, and more
- Review of some of the major impacts of aging on all the systems of the body
- Study of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita
- Methods for empowering people with disabilities by giving them a deep understanding of the Yoga teachings
- Strategies for making the subtle practices of pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation available for all students
- Guidance on building a strong community among Yoga students to support the transformational process of Yoga
This training includes 9 hours of online material, plus 21 hours of in-person instruction.
Graduates of this program become Accessible Yoga Ambassadors and connect with a network of Accessible Yoga teachers and students around the world. Participants who have completed a 200-hour Yoga teacher training will become Certified Accessible Yoga Teachers.
Please know the completion of the online component is a requirement for the course in-person. You will receive the online study material upon registration.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 30 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
I was truly blown away at how much I learned while I was there! I was greatly in need of hands-on, practical applications (and variations) to make the Yoga I teach more accessible than it already is, and I definitely got that! — Natalie Dunbar
Jivana’s Accessible Yoga Training was a tremendous experience. It was filled with a plethora of wisdom and yogic inspiration. Months later, I am still amazed by the way this information is broadening my teaching style, increasing my confidence, and providing an even deeper awareness that Yoga is for every body. — Sarit Rogers
The Accessible Yoga 4-day training shifts the perception of modern Yoga and returns it to the essence of the Yoga teachings. Jivana Heyman is an incredible teacher who inspires others by his being. He is a living example of authenticity and service. — Hersha Chellaram
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.