Laugha Yoga 3-Day Leader Certification Weekend 2019
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 22 - 24, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $430.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $430.00 Dormitory - Private - $500.00 LGH - Single - $550.00 LGH - Double - $550.00 LGH - Family room - $550.00 Tent-Site - $370.00 (All prices include $250.00 base amount)
A fun way to awaken yourself
and others to the love of laughter.
Laugha Yoga is an ancient, new idea for reconnecting us to our true Self. Through yogic laughter sessions, Laugha Nidra® (guided deep relaxation following the laughter), pranayama (yogic breathing practices) and meditation we can reach a profound level of peace, joy, and relaxation.
In this Laugha Yoga certification program, you will:
- Get certified and learn to lead Laugha Yoga Sessions
- Play freestyle laughter games, which release endorphins and T-Cells to produce immediate and profound boosts to your mood, immunity, health, creativity and confidence levels
- Discover why prolonged intentional laughter, a simple technique that has been overlooked for centuries, is being recognized again as a therapeutic method (first publicized in the West by Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness)
- Learn how to use laughter as a form of social medicine spreading social health to the world
- Learn to lead a Laugha Yoga class
- Receive a Laugha Yoga Leader’s Manual, downloadable zip file filled with printable handouts of laughter benefits, writings and audio/video
- After completion enjoy a 90% discount for access to Dr. Madan Kataria’s worldwide Laughter Yoga ProZone website for six months
Early registration: 2 pm Program start time: 4 pm
Program start time: 4 pm
Refresh Course: $135
Graduates receive a manual, certificate and digital resources to lead Laugha Yoga Sessions (Certified Laugha Yoga Leader – LYL1) after completion of the weekend.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11 training hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Read an article by Bharata in Hektoen International Journal published by the Hektoen Institute of Medicine about how medical science is discovering the how laughter can be very beneficial to the overall health of people.
Fitness Magazine declared laughter as one of the 5 top priorities for a healthy lifestyle. “Laughter RX: At least 30 minutes every day…could chase away the blues.” And quoting Hinduism Today, about the founder of 150 laughing clubs in India,”…the good doctor has popularized ancient yoga breathing and posture that exercises all 32 facial muscles… opens the breathing, builds self-confidence and even alleviates high blood pressure and arthritis.”
Well, most of us already felt that laughter was very good for us without it being scientifically proven. We just knew it! But, it is nice to have science prove that such a simple practice, regularly undertaken, can have such wonderful benefits.
Ha! Ha! Thanks! I’m holding you – and Yogaville, responsible for this sudden life change! I was a completely introverted photographer and professor at VA Tech before showing up at your door! LOL! Crazy how life turns out! Thanks! [Later] Teaching Laugha Yoga tomorrow at NASA!!! Just found out I’m in the large auditorium with 74 engineers! NOOOOOOO idea how my calm quiet life turned into this! LOL!
Since taking your workshop, a new spirit surrounds me. My family and co-workers see it….seriously! I laugh all day long without the logical mind chatting it up. I talk about it as much as I can….and have my co-workers chanting VERY GOOD VERY GOOD YAY! Yep….even at staff meetings.
I feel fortunate I got a chance to learn the laughter skills from one of the best!!
I work with seniors, and I wanted methods to help give the seniors permission to laugh. I got it.
This program was recommended by my wife. It made for a wonderful couples weekend.
Most valuable aspect was Bharata’s spiritual depth – I expected to learn “how to” I found the spiritual connection very enriching and didn’t expect it.
I need more access to joy and happiness in my life – this is it!
— Past Participants
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.