Find Your Voice, Open Your Heart: Mantra and Bhakti Yoga 2019
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Feb 1 - 3, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Experience the power of sound as you explore Sanskrit (the ancient language of Yoga), mantra (divine sound), and kirtan (chanting of sacred sounds). In this workshop, you will learn how to incorporate the tools of Bhakti Yoga into your daily practice to more intimately connect with the divine.
Join us this weekend to explore beyond the mat and learn to:
- Understand, pronounce, and use mantra, including kirtan and japa mantra (mantra repetition as a meditation technique)
- Honor and celebrate the divine through puja (sacred worship ceremonies)
- Tap into your own voice and inner vibration
- Utilize the potential of the ancient Sanskrit alphabet for invigorating different areas of the brain and evoking powerful vibrations
Beginners to chanting are welcome.
As part of the morning practice, you will also have the opportunity to explore Swakriya Yoga. Swakriya Yoga is based on the concept that only one force is moving everything, and thus divinity is present everywhere, in every movement. Swakriya literally means the ‘movement’ (kriya) of ‘I’ (swa)—the Supreme Self in the form of movement. In Swakriya Yoga there are different movements, mantras, breathing processes, and postures which accelerate the process of awakening to the truth that the divine is within us in each and every movement.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 10 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Gita is a living example of the transformative power of mantras. Her passion is evident in her teaching, kirtan leading, and activism. It’s always a pleasure to chant with and learn from Gita. You’ll leave feeling inspired and open-hearted, and will probably catch yourself singing in Sanskrit when you least expect it! — Past Participant
Gita’s influence is as blinding as her gigantic smile. She can perfect people’s poses with the press of a finger and move from silliness to profundity in the span of a sentence. Her fresh, jubilant, and always amusing methods are unique. — Andy
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free