Therapeutic Yoga and Mindfulness: Exploring Self-Care and Resiliency
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jan 25 - 27, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $430.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $430.00 Dormitory - Private - $520.00 LGH - Single - $570.00 LGH - Double - $570.00 LGH - Family room - $570.00 (All prices include $250.00 base amount)
Self-care and resiliency are important concepts for successfully navigating our lives. Therapeutic Yoga and mindfulness offer powerful tools for managing stress, trauma, relationships, work, and personal life. Using an integrative approach, this workshop will provide you with practical tools for increasing self-confidence, decreasing stress, self-regulating, dealing with adversity and disappointments, managing challenges, and successfully navigating into higher levels of self-care and resiliency.
This course provides:
- An understanding of Integrative Medicine
- A review of stress, neuroscience, and the mind
- Insight into how the mind works and how a lack of self-care impacts on our neurobiology
- Powerful tools and formulas for increasing self-care and resiliency
- An overview of research supporting the powerful benefits of therapeutic Yoga and mindfulness
- Experiential activities that support lectures
Gain a deeper understanding of the top ten traits that define emotionally resilient and successful individuals during this innovative workshop and learn powerful Yoga strategies for re-wiring the brain and your neurobiology. Come away with powerful take-home tools for improving the quality of your life. Dr. Telles is a world-renowned researcher in the area of Yoga and brings years of research-backed information into her lectures. Dr. Cunningham brings over 35 years of clinical application and academic acumen into her work with therapeutic Yoga and mindfulness. Together these two individuals will inspire you to move through stress and rewire negative patterns. Attend this informative course and break free from what is holding you back.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 12 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.