Free All-Day Laughter Yoga Workshop: Live, Laugh, Love!
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jan 5, 2019 (1 day)
Join us and spend a day laughing for no reason! Experience the joy of laughter and the bliss of Yoga with Bharata Wingham, a “Laughter Ambassador.”
Laugha Yoga® is an ancient, new idea for reconnecting us to our true self. Through prolonged Laughter sessions, laughayama (breathing practices), meditation and Laugha Nidra® (guided deep relaxation) we can reach a profound level of peace, joy, and relaxation.
Read an article by Bharata in Hektoen International Journal published by the Hektoen Institute of Medicine about how medical science is discovering the how laughter can be very beneficial to the overall health of people.
In this play/workshop you will:
- Participate in freestyle “laughter games,” which release endorphins and T-Cells to produce immediate and profound boosts to your mood, immunity, health, creativity, and confidence levels
- Learn how laughing for no reason can lead to being happy for no reason
- Discover why prolonged intentional laughter, a simple technique that has been overlooked for centuries, is being recognized again as a therapeutic method (first publicized in the West by Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness)
- Learn how laughter can be used as a form of Social Yoga spreading social health to the world
- “Release the imprisoned splendor” within and boost your aliveness, vitality, and have fun
- Acquire the skill of “Spontaneous Self-Liberation”
- Learn about Laugha Yoga® and the opportunities to become a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader and Laugha Yoga Teacher
Testimonials from past participants
It worked! Thanks for bringing this simple act back into my awareness. — Annie
Thank you so much. I really feel connected to myself and the Source. I’m looking forward to doing this a lot! — Carrie
Very enjoyable! I had forgotten how great laughter can feel. —Arjuna
Using laughter as a focus for meditation is such a great idea. It has increased my desire to meditate more! — Joy
This is a blast. I want to do it with all my friends! — Francis
I saw Laughing Yogis in India and now I see why they did it so much. — Georgia
Event begins at 9 am and ends at 5:15
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.