Personal Jungle Refuge Retreat
- Puerto Maldonado, Peru
- Ongoing package (6 days / 5 nights)
About This Event
At Novalis we offer Nature retreats for private groups with possibilities for one-on-one work. We offer our space to embark on your own process, with or without plant medicines. Throughout the year we offer other holistic and health promoting experiences including ethnobotanical jungle walks, reiki, yoga, floral baths, and delicious, shared, organic, vegetarian meals, as well as possibilities for medicine work at an additional cost.
7 meters off the ground you will sleep with the birds, monkeys and full 360 viewing. Walk through the gardens to one of our common areas to enjoy hammocks, our library or lounge chair before food is served. Enjoy the tranquility of the forest or dip your toes in the creek. We can also take you out for a jungle walk or swim in the river. Depending on the season, we offer other adventures. Please let us know what you would like, and we will let you know how to make it happen. Be our guest!
We will tailor your experience to your desires and budget. Be our guest!
Your 5 day (or more) retreat includes:
Transportation from Puerto Maldonado to NOVALIS and back (forty minute car ride followed by a forty five minute beautiful boat ride along the river, and a forty minute scenic hike through the rainforest)
Accommodation in our shared tree houses completely screened in from mosquitos, with bug nets provided over the beds, comfortable mattresses, fresh sheets and lanterns.
Individual consultations (if required) with our medicine team
Yoga and Reiki sessions, please ask us for current offerings.
Flower/Plant baths and cleanses in our outdoor wooden hot tubs
Opportunity to deepen your knowledge of shamanic practice and the use of medicinal plants
Nature Immersions (plant identification walks, nature excurisons, forest meditation, river swims)
Locally grown vegetarian meals cooked with love (all meals included)
Hands on work, including gentle gardening.
Daily integration circles and personal accompaniment in approaching the integration process and developing tools for lifelong personal health and wellness practices for mind, body, and soul
A Variety of Ceremonial & Sacred Living Activities (Fire Ceremonies, Ofrendas, Coca Ceremony, Cacao Ceremony, etc.), depending on the time of year. Please contact us for current offerings.
Tours to surrounding areas and visits to our friends in indigenous communities
- We also infuse the container with other plant spirits through incorporating other types of ceremonies into our structure. Ayahuasca is drank ceremonially, we offer other ceremonies, activities & tools:
- Please contact us for current offerings
- Integration circles held the morning after each Ayahuasca ceremony for group processing, reflection, guidance in interpreting visions, applying the messages of the medicine to life, and connecting the individual experience to the collective learning & healing process.
- Wisdom circles held in the evening of non ayahuasca ceremony nights to come together and reflect on the days events. Some examples are divination circles, commUNITY connecting circles (heart shares - sometimes to include Mama Coca or Cacao).
- Personal one-on-one accompaniment, done with one of our on-site medicine team
- Art & expression therapy through painting, dreamcatcher building, and creative natural crafting
- Morning Practices of light yoga to create body movement for connection & balance of Mind/Body/Soul
- Moon Lodge (Women): may include...Yoni steams, sacred sexuality exploration of the feminine, tantra exploration, understanding our cycles (fertility awareness), sexual transformation & healing of the Self
- Sun Temple (Men): may include... men's sharing circle, embodying conscious masculinity workshops, sacred sexuality and exploration of the masculine archetypes, community male/female harmonics, relating to the feminine.
- Nature exploration: ethnobotanical walks, jungle excursions, wildlife viewing
- Personal Therapy Sessions: Reiki, chinese meridian cupping, astrological counseling, Baños Floridas (personal healing time in our tree baths)
- Additional ceremonial offerings: Coca ceremony, Cacao ceremony, ofrendas/despachos, Huancawi sacha (aka Yawar Panga) ceremony for special cases only
Venue HighlightsOur retreat center is located on 2000 hectares of primary rainforest in a working Brazil Nut concession, along the Las Piedras River, of the Madre de Dios Region, near of Puerto Maldonado.
At our Center, we have the following accommodations:
-3 Treehouses (one tree sleeps 3 people, the other two treehouses sleep 2 persons each)
-Maloka (ceremonial temple, also serves as integration space, yoga space & circle gathering)
-Medicine Kitchen (where we brew the medicines & heat water for the healing baths)
-Dining Room (also serves as one of the Art Therapy spaces)
-Tambos (isolated jungle huts for dieta participants)
-Bath House (for our flower and plant baths)
-Outdoor Shower & Sink (showering among the trees)
-Dry Toilets (multiple compost toilets located in convenient locations)
-Casa Grande (staff & service team housing)
-Workers House (for our residential workers)
-Fresh water springs, drinkable water that is consistently tested, provided pure, clean, healthy water for us all
-Extensive trails throughout the property, some that are easily navigated, and others better left for being guided on
-A small creek onsite that is ideal for a jungle creek dip
-Various herb gardens, permaculture plots, and fruit trees sharing their abundance with us all
AccommodationsOur treehouses are always one of the highlights for our guests, and rightfully so. They were designed by a group of specialists from Canada ((contact info blocked)), and were built by hand and handheld machinery onsite by our staff. They are circular structures that can hold three people with plenty of personal space, they are equipped with very comfortable beds with bug nets and all necessary bedding, night stands and shelves for personal storage, and lanterns for lighting in the evenings.
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineSimple breakfast - usually consisting of oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut, dried fruit, and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc) along with fresh fruit (banana, mandarin, apple, mango, papaya, pineapple, passionfruit, etc.) and eggs
Wholesome, nutritious, and cooked-with-love meals - often based on various combinations of rice, beans, quinoa, sweet potato, avocado, yuca, potato, squash, split peas, and lentils, with delicious locally grown veggies such as beets, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, green beans, peas, corn, celery, and various herbs (cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, oregano, etc)
We typically will serve only two meals on days of ceremony, as it is helpful to limit stomach contents when ingesting ayahuasca as it will increase nausea and likely distract you from deeper processes. That said, we often encourage people to discover their personal rhythms and practices, and many people suggest not being weak and lethargic during ceremonies due to low caloric intake. Accordingly, if you tend to have lower blood sugar and need more consistent meals we often recommend eating a banana a few hours before ceremony or something similarly readily digestible.