The Courageous Heart – January 2019
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Jan 11, 2019 (1 day)
- $125.00 - Tuition (includes lunch)
“Courage is not the absence of fear but the willingness to face fear fearlessly.”
This day-long retreat will offer an opportunity to deepen your practice of mindfulness and meditation by exploring the challenge of living a peaceful life in our contemporary world. Drawing on several contemplative traditions and the poetry of Rumi and Mary Oliver, we will explore the following questions:
- How can I create the kind of mindfulness practice that nourishes me on a daily basis?
- How can I cultivate peace amid stress and strong emotions?
- What is the connection between inner-peace and peace in our world?
- How can I cultivate deeper compassion for myself and others?
The day will include laughter, storytelling, silence, mindfulness practice, a guided labyrinth walk, and small group conversation.
Tuition is $125.