Writing With Care
A Unique Writing Retreat with Extraordinary Teachers. We approach writing by inviting participants to unwrap their writing and their experience of writing. Using both unique and tried-and-true creative tools and approaches to contemplation, observation and structure, the workshop discusses individual processes and the place of writing in one’s life. It provides one-on-one dramaturgy and guided reflection, and plenty of time to write in an inspiring and comfortable setting. Participants are encouraged to bring consciousness to the habitual in order to be open to transformation.
You'll stay in one of our beautifully appointed bedrooms and enjoy delicious home cooked meals prepared by Retreat owner Lisa Porter. June is the season for whales and icebergs! We'll have guided excursions along the gorgeous Conception Bay Coast.
This workshop is appropriate for creative artists, choreographers, performers, directors etc. or writers working in any field: fiction, non-fiction, scriptwriting, poetry or academic writing. It can be very helpful for those who need to present publicly such as authors on tour or academics presenting papers.
The Writing with Care Retreat offered gifts I hadn’t realized I needed. It gave an opportunity to write and reflect in community. I saw whales and icebergs and ways of living that are being lost. I left Ochre Pit Cove a better man. Dave Hansen, 2016
- Individual Somatic Experiencing® session with Lori Clarke
- Individual Dramaturgy session with Lois Brown
- Group discussion and presentation of work
- Plenty of quiet time for writing and contemplation
- Beautiful private bedrooms
- Delicious homemade meals by Lisa Porter - vegetarian, vegan and allergen free options
- Beachcombing, hiking,scenic excursions
- Excellent chance of seeing whales and icebergs