Mindful Eating: What Are You Really, Really Hungry For?
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Mar 23, 2019 (1 day)
- $125.00 - Tuition (includes lunch)
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners.
Food and eating can be a source of stress. If you’re exhausted by dieting, counting carbs and calories, come learn how it is possible to trust your own body to know what, when, and how much to eat.
Through the lens of mindfulness and intuitive eating, we’ll gently explore:
- How messages from society have led to a disconnection from inherent body wisdom
- The roles of emotion, craving, and habit around food and the body
- How connecting to your body’s cues can reliably tell you when to eat and when to stop
- How simple awareness practices can help untangle the knots of anxiety and fear around food and the body.
- How present moment awareness powerfully and peacefully impacts the relationship with food and your body
The day will include meditation in stillness and motion, discussion, mindful communication, compassion practice and a delicious mindful meal. Say goodbye to diets as you rediscover the pleasure and joy of eating!
Tuition is $125.