7-Day Radical Honesty Workshop in the Costa Rican Jungle
About This Event
Join certified Radical Honesty Trainers Michael Alan Kolb and Marvin Schulz for this immersive, truly transformational workshop in beautiful Central America and experience a radical, close-to-nature retreat in the heart of the stunning Costa Rican rainforest.
This Radical Honesty workshop will take place at Cascada Elysiana, a beautiful, self-made eco lodge, surrounded by pristine green nature, waterfalls, and breathtaking hiking trails. Just 25 minutes from Dominical, the famous surfing hotspot, this location is a perfect fit for what we understand as Radical Honesty – to come back to the source of your experience.
Together we will learn how to create deeply nourishing relationships and connect with one another in a truthful, compassionate way. We will learn how to be fully present and experience all feelings as they arise. We will speak about what’s been difficult in our lives and learn specific techniques to get over past hurt, shame, fear, or anger. We will reconnect with our creative powers and learn how to cooperate with others to build our dreams.
Do you want to transform your life at the core and see nature like never before?
Learn how to:
notice and express whatever arises in your body
leave the past behind for good and live fully in the present
repair broken relationships with parents, children, partners, and friends
create your future based on your heart’s desires
let go of shame, fear, and resentment
lead nourishing, supportive relationships
play more and worry less
stay grounded in the moment and speak based on your current experience
The price includes accommodation and three simple, healthy meals per day. It also includes all extracurricular activities, such as trips to local farms and waterholes. Participants can stay in a shared dorm or private tent.
"These workshops are designed for us to help each other get over our troubles and be freer, happier, healthier and more connected by being more honest. It's challenging, it's a lot of fun, and it may be some of the deepest work you'll ever do." Mak, Certified RH Trainer
- When exactly will the workshop start and end?
- We will get together on the evening of the 24th November 2018 and enjoy idle time in the heart of the jungle, get to know each other, and get acquainted with the property and important information on safety and outdoor behaviour. The workshop will officially start on the morning of the 25th. The last full day is the 30th of November and we will officially close after breakfast on the 1st of December. We will support you in getting to the property and back to the airports.
- Can I stay a bit longer or arrive a day or two earlier?
- Yes. You are invited to enjoy the finca and the all of the natural surroundings with us and spend a couple of extra days. Please let us know in advance and send a message with your plans.
- How will I get to the property?
- All possible scenarios are covered here: https://www.cascadaelysiana.com/directions
- Who can participate? Do I need previous workshop experience?
- Everyone interested in close human connection and personal growth through communication is welcome to join us. You don’t need previous workshop experience and we, the trainers, are happy to assist you personally in the breaks and during all sessions.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
Participants will sleep in simple yet comfortable beds and share rooms as part of the workshop group experience. Three delicious, vegetarian or vegan meals will be served every day. The formal part of the workshop will start in the mornings at 8 am with physical movements, such as yoga, tai chi, or walking meditations in the jungle. Around 9.30am, just after breakfast, we will get together and sit in a circle for Radical Honesty theory, group and paired exercises, guided conversations, and hot seat work. We will break for lunch at 1.30pm and enjoy time off until roughly 3:30pm, when we will break down what we learned in the morning and get together for outdoor exercises, visits to local beaches, farms and swimming holes. The evenings are reserved for adventure walks, meditation, relaxation, yoga, and each night 1 or 2 participants will share their life story with the rest of the group for one hour each.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineMeals will be healthy, natural, vegetarian or vegan meals with organic fruits and vegetables from local farms.
AccommodationsWe have 2 private Glamping Tent Cabinas (reserved for couples or friends) and a bunkhouse for up to 12ppl. Tent camping is also available in various spots throughout the rainforest.
DirectionsAll car, express shuttle and bus options are covered here, on our directions page: (contact info blocked)
We recommend the Express Shuttle from SJO airport in Alajuela:
- You can take a shuttle with Monkey Ride directly from the Airport to the tiny beach town of Dominical for around $45 (3.5 hours).
- Once in Dominical, ask anyone to point you to the bus stop (it's a tiny town).
- Take the bus for San Isidro and get off at the first bus stop in Platanillo (15 mins). Check the bus schedule from Dominical to San Isidro here.
- From Platanillo, you can follow our signs and hitchhike the 5kms down the San Juan de Dios road or we can taxi you for 4000 colones ($9). Let us know your arrival time and we will pick you up from the Platanillo Bus Stop (1o mins). You’ll see a big dirt lot with mechanic’s shop and lots of signs, including La Ceiba, Eco Chontales, Rancho los Compayres, La Rana Roja and Cascada Elysiana.