Sacred Birth: Doula + Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
- The Yoga Forest
- San Marcos la Laguna, Solola, Guatemala
- Feb 2 - 9, 2019 (8 days)
- Group Retreats: Shared Cabañas - Rama, Sita & Lakshmi - $350.00 Group Retreats: Private Yogi Rooms - $525.00 Group Retreats: Private Forest Cabins - $350.00
85hr DOULA & PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Sacred Birth focuses on nurturing conscious pregnancy while addressing the medical, political and spiritual considerations of birthing. This 85 hour dual-certificate training is the first of it’s kind combining yoga and birth support as potent therapeutic tools to empower the birthing journey from pregnancy to parenthood. You will be taught and guided by experienced mentors and guest facilitators who are active voices in the field of holistic birthing.
WHERE: The Yoga Forest ~ Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
WHEN: February 1st-February 8th 2018
FORMAT OF THE PROGRAM:
This comprehensive and holistic program combines 85 hours of experiential, practical, academic, online and self-study to support participants to delve deeply into the realm of birthing and beyond. Participants complete the online content at their own pace with live tutorials to keep you on track.
*50 hours of the program will be completed at the retreat in Guatemala.
*35 hours is a combination of online contact hours, independent study, assignments and pre-reading.
Upon completion of the program participants will be certified as both Sacred Birth Doulas and Prenatal Yoga Teachers.
COURSE OVERVIEW AND FEATURES:
• Teach prenatal yoga therapeutically to support a healthy pregnancy and birth
• Experience traditional Mayan midwifery from guest lectures facilitated by traditional midwives in the community.
• Learn how to safely modify postures for pregnancy, with knowledge of modifications, contraindicated and beneficial postures for each trimester
• Integrate all aspects of the practice: asana, breath work (pranayama), vocal toning (mantra), relaxation, working with themes, massage and pain reduction techniques to help create a more positive and relaxed birthing experience
• Understand anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, including western and eastern perspectives and the effects of pregnancy on the body, mind and spirit
• Explore the landscape of Birth in all its realms: physiological, psychological, sociological, historical, political and spiritual
• Discover your authentic teaching voice and uncover the unique gifts that you have to offer through class exercise, the use of imagery, sequencing, birth art and facilitator support• Design skillful sequencing, positions for labour, asana for childbirth preparation and postnatal recommendations for recovery
• Massage, birthing techniques and laboring positions using yoga
• Create workshops, yoga series and learn to integrate this powerful tool into your life and practice.
• Postnatal yoga for healing and beneficial asanas to support the body after childbirth
• Acquire knowledge and tools to heal your own birth story
• Deepen your embodied understanding of our innate wisdom and the miracle of birth
Sacred birth training and retreat promises to be full of transformation, learning and inspiration. Become a part of a global movement of changemakers, working to empower, heal and restore birth. Interested? We would love to have you.
**All expecting parents are welcome, including the pregnant and postpartum. Babes in arms are welcome too.
FIND OUT MORE:
Learn more about investment and course content at www.awakenedspirityoga.com/prenatal-teacher-training/
Find your Self in the Forest.
Venue HighlightsSan Marcos la Laguna is a small Mayan village on Lake Atitlán in the western highlands of Guatemala. It has become a Mecca for international travelers attracted by its beauty, tranquility and diverse options for spiritual exploration and therapy. Terraced into the side of a cliff, The Yoga Forest is a twenty five minute hike up into the valley from Lake Atitlán, To escape to our lush tropical food forest please travel to us with a backpack, organic soaps, a head torch and a spirit of adventure.
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe serve local organic produce whenever is possible and prepare our delicious vegetarian meal with love. We can cater to certain dietary restrictions, such as vegan and gluten free. Please advise management of your needs as well as any allergies.
AccommodationsThe Yoga Forest has multiple accommodation options to suit all explorers, from shared cabanas, private rooms, unique yogi lofts, and private forest cabins. All accommodations are beautifully appointed, built using natural building techniques and materials, featuring comfortable beds, warm feather duvets, pillows, and decorated with Peruvian Shipibo fabrics and Guatemalan cushions.
Morning Travel Recommended: Book your flight to arrive in Guatemala City, then take a direct shuttle to Antigua. Please arrange to take an 8-9am collective shuttle (Q100) from Antigua to San Marcos la Laguna in order to get you to town in the morning or very early afternoon. We offer a daily escort service from San Marcos la Laguna to The Yoga Forest promptly at 2PM. Be sure to arrive in San Marcos la Laguna with plenty of time to locate Circles Cafe before the escort service arrives.
We also can arrange a private shuttle to pick you up from Guatemala City Airport to San Marcos La Laguna. Our driver will be waiting at the airport with a sign with your name on it. The ride directly from the GUA to San Marcos is approximately 4 hours.
Please plan your travels accordingly, either spending a night in Antigua to make a morning shuttle, or stay in San Marcos la Laguna a night early. For your safety, LATE ARRIVALS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
For additional details, please see our Getting Here page on our website: https://www.theyogaforest.org/getting-here/