13 Day Ayahuasca and Plant Medicine Retreat in the Upper Amazon
- Pasourcu: Napusamai Ayahuasca Lodge
- Tena, Ecuador
- Jan 6 - 17, 2019 (12 days)
January 6-17, 2019
Join us for the transformation! Journey into the beautiful Oriente Upper Amazon of Ecuador to immerse yourself in the solitude of the jungle, medicinal plants and the sacred ceremonial plant Ayahuasca. This trip is a journey of a lifetime and one of the best gifts you can give to yourself.
The retreat is all-inclusive:
• Delicious, healthy meals prepared with local and organic ingredients to follow the special medicine diet
• Simple double-room accommodations with bathrooms in each
• Guided tour to learn about different medicinal plants
• Participation in preparation of the Ayahuasca medicine
• 6 Ayahuasca ceremonies
• 2 Herbal Saunas
• 1 Temezcal (Sweat Lodge) Ceremony
• Plant "remedy" for cleansing the blood, emetics (vomitivo), plants to cure sinus, tobacco ceremony
• Kichwa cultural demonstration of traditional music and dance
• Canoe trip along the Napo river to visit a wildlife refuge zoo and overnight in a jungle lodge
• Visit to Papallacta Hot Springs on the last day (optional to spend the night there for extra cost)
• Transportation from Quito to Tena and back to airport
• Spanish-English translator
Pasourcu, the pristine site where we will be staying for most of the time, is about a 45 minute hike into the forest from the road. Accommodations are basic single rooms with beds and bathrooms. There is running water but no electricity. Pure clean drinking water will be provided and our meals will be prepared for us, including delicious fruits and vegetables growing on the land.
Ceremonies are led by Don Luis Andi and Don Juan Andi.
Don Luis Andi, 66, an elder indigenous yachak (in kichwa language "the one who knows"). Since birth, he had been prepared by his father, also a renowned powerful yachak, to become a shaman. For nearly 40 years, Don Luis been practicing the use of medicinal plants of the forest, specifically to purify the blood in the treatment of diseases, and to cleanse spiritual energy with special ceremonies using essences extracted from the plants of the Amazon. Don Luis is assisted by his wife, Doña Ines Vargas, 66. Her positive energy is important to the preparation of the sacred medicine ayahuasca. She is also responsible for controlling the strength of the plant. Doña Ines is also very knowledgable on other plants used to clean and remove any negative effect during the healing process.
Don Juan Andi Vargas, 46, is the son of Don Luis. He has been working with the plant medicines since birth, under the guidance of his father. He has also studied under other shamans and is very passionate about healing and helping others. He organizes and runs the activities during the retreats, seeing that everyone gets individual attention and healing. He is a powerful shaman and makes use of the ancestral knowledge and the application of medicinal plants together with the wise teachers yachac healers Don Luis Andi and Don Santiago Grefa. He has also worked in Ecotourism for the past 25 years. He is assisted by his wife Irene Cerda Grefa, who also prepares the medicine with us.
*If you are currently on any anti-depressants or anxiety medication, you must stop taking them at least 6 weeks prior to the retreat (please consult with your doctor), otherwise you cannot drink ayahuasca. You will be given an application form to fill out when you book your spot. Please provide truthful information about your health/ allergies/ medical conditions on this form. Please inform us of any medications you are taking, or if you have a history of mental illness. All information provided by you will be kept confidential, and will be solely used for the purpose of this retreat. Isabel is available for phone consultations to answer any questions.
Cost: $1275.00 USD
A completed application and $600 deposit is required to reserve your spot.
* Price does not include roundtrip airfare to Quito or accommodations in Quito before the retreat. It is recommended to arrive in Quito at least one day before the retreat starts. We will leave for Tena at 9am on January 6. Plan your departure January 17 /18 midnight or Jan 18 if you'd like to spend the night at Papallacta.
For more info and an applicaion please email Isabel at email@example.com with 'January 2019 Ecuador Amazon Retreat' in the subject line.
- This is a true journey into yourself and the jungle. It is an intensive into the world of plant medicine where you will receive much more than you can ever imagine. My teachers are the most incredible, humble and true shamans, coming from long lineage, and their family takes care of us with so much love. You will come out of this experience feeling very cleansed, with a new sense of self and life direction. It is a gift to give yourself! We have a beautiful tribe, many who have taken this journey more than once.
Venue HighlightsOur center is deep in the jungle, however not so hard to get to! It is in the pristine upper corner of the Amazon, where the Andes meet the rainforest. It is near the great Napo river.
SchedulePlease see above for the list of what is included in the daily activities. We will be working with and learning about different plants and taking short hikes into the jungle. We will make the medicine we will drink together. There are 6 ceremonies with Ayahuasca in the evenings, and plenty of time to rest and restore.
Menu/CuisineMeals on are strict to the ayahuasca diet and mostly vegan. We will serve eggs and occasionally fish. We can cater to any dietary restrictions.
AccommodationsRooms at Pasourcu are single occupancy, each with it's own bathroom and shower. There is crystal clean running water coming from the earth. Towels, sheets and mosquito nets are provided.
We will stay the 11th night at another simple jungle lodge with shared accomidations and the final night at Papallacta Hot Springs with shared (luxury) accommodations