Costa Rica Creative Retreat
MAKE ART. BE WITH NATURE. NOURISH YOUR SPIRIT.
Our Costa Rica creative retreats are an opportunity to reconnect with your creative spirit. You’ll spend time in a tranquil, natural environment by the ocean and experiment with a variety of new creative outlets. It’s not always easy to stay motivated and inspired, especially when you are living in a city and/or working in an office. If you have a creative profession, sometimes all your artistic energy goes to that and your personal ideas or projects get pushed aside. We all need to take time to recharge and rejuvenate if we want to stay inspired. This retreat is designed for people who want to clear their minds in a gorgeous natural surrounding, take a break from digital work, and participate in activities and experiences that will re-inspire you. Find your inner child by getting messy with paints, or lose track of time building an elaborate sand sculpture. Take a new class like glass-blowing, figure drawing, mandala making, or airbrushing. Detach from emails and “likes”, and connect with the present moment as you watch the sun set over the Pacific.
WHO IS THIS RETREAT FOR?
Artists and creative professionals such as graphic designers, art directors, illustrators, interior designers, fine artists, crafters, writers, photographers and bloggers are common guests. Even those who don’t work in a creative field but have creative hobbies or interests will enjoy this trip.
Our retreats are completely customizable based on your interests, group size and preferences. Always included:
- Airport transportation from/to Liberia Airport
- Customized dates in a luxury beachfront home or boutique hotel
- 3 fresh, local meals per day. Daily breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinners prepared onsite or included in outings
- Morning yoga classes
- Creative supplies for drawing, painting, writing, crafting, and making!
- Creative workshops of your choice, including figure drawing, oceanscape painting, local pottery, jewelry making, glassblowing and more)
- Visit to the world’s largest labyrinth. Walk the cactus-bordered labyrinth in quiet meditation, then paint your own mandala in the center. Followed by an amazing locally-sourced dinner under the stars.
- Sunset beach meditation on the last night
- Gift Bag full of treasures to remember your retreat, all from local creators.
- 60 min or 90 min massage
- Private yoga lesson
- Surf lessons (one on one)
- SUP tour (min 3 people)
- Horseback riding on the beach (min 3 people)
- Fishing charter (2-3 people)
- Volunteer at turtle rescue
- Volunteer at dog rescue
- Alcohol or special grocery orders: Let us know if you’d like us to purchase your favorite beach cocktail ingredients or certain snacks and they will be waiting for you when you arrive.
- Accommodation or transportation arrangements before or after the retreat if you are extending your stay or coming from somewhere other than Liberia International Airport
- Photography Session/s: Capture your surf lesson, book a photo shoot on the beach, or create some Instagram worthy content of your creative process. Many people like to detach from technology during the retreat, but still want to make sure they have some photos to remember their trip.
- EAT FARM TO TABLE MEALS: Think ingredients like tropical fruit, locally-sourced coffee, home-made bread, farm-fresh eggs, local veggies, freshly caught fish, and organic chicken. Enjoy meals in the open-air dining area, prepared and served fresh, on-site.
- EXPERIMENT, BRAINSTORM, LEARN: Between the gorgeous natural surroundings, three creative workshops and a house stocked with supplies to paint, draw, write, craft, and make– you’ll be trying so many new things and be inspired in countless new ways.
- CONNECT WITH OTHER CREATIVES: You’ll be in the company of other creative professionals from all types of industries, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, network and inspire one another.
- EXPERIENCE THE LARGEST LABYRINTH IN THE WORLD: Meditate as you walk through the cactus-walled paths, paint your own mandala in the center, and enjoy a farm fresh meal under the stars afterward.
- PRACTICE YOGA AND MEDITATION: Stretch, ground and center yourself each morning with a gentle yoga class, to help creative energy flow. Classes will be for all levels and geared toward clearing the mind and opening up to creative energy.
Venue HighlightsIf you have a group of 5 or more, our retreats take place in a luxury beachfront house overlooking the Pacific ocean, in the peaceful coastal town of Junquillal in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The house is situated just steps from the ocean on a very quiet palm tree lined beach, equipped with 5 private rooms, each with their own bathroom. Choose from single and double occupancy options. The house has plenty of places to relax and get creative, with an infinity pool, large green area overlooking the coast, porch, and indoor common area. Walk the beach in either direction to explore Playa Blanca to the north and Playa Junquillal to the south.
If you’d like to experience a creative retreat solo, or in a small group you will be staying at a lovely boutique hotel with salt water swimming pool, and onsite French restaurant. Just minutes to Playa Negra beach and the quaint downtown strip complete with art galleries, shops restaurants and a yoga studio.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
ScheduleGentle Morning Yoga
Breakfast served including local coffee, fresh tropical fruit, homemade bread, local eggs.
Activity of choice: personal creative project, surf lesson, massage, SUP tour
Lunch served. Example lunch: buddha bowl with fresh seared tuna, avocado, carrot, cucumber brown rice with a fruit smoothie.
Creative workshop begins. Example: seascape watercolors, figure drawing in nature, local pottery.
Sunset beach walk