Hatha Yoga Sadhana
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- <br> 14651 Ballantree Lane <br> Grass Valley, CA 95949 USA<br>
- Jan 20 - 27, 2019 (8 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $500.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $605.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $605.00 Om Cabin - Private - $1,060.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $990.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $1,340.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $990.00…
This Hatha Yoga Sadhana Course is a seven day program to help prepare students for the full two week Sadhana Intensive course which was devised by Swami Vishnudevananda based on his own hatha yoga sadhana in the Himalayas. He said that six months of this intensive practice gave him the energy to carry out his mission of spreading the teachings of yoga in the West for next 40 years.
This course combines both group practice and individual self-practice divided into two or three sessions per day. The emphasis is on intense and prolonged pranayama. Students work towards three to four hours of pranayama per day.
The daily schedule includes:
- 6:00 Satsang
- 8:00 Asanas and Pranayma session 1 (group practice)
- 10:00 Brunch
- 10:45 Karma Yoga
- 12:00 Pranayama session 2 (personal practice)
- 1:30 Workshop on Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- 4:00 Asanas and Pranayama session 3 (personal Practice)
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Peace Chanting
- 8:00 Satsang
The course demands a high level of self-discipline and students are guided according to individual needs. Students are expected to remain within the ashram premises throughout the course with no free days, no access to telephone or email and a strict sattvic diet (salt, spice, tea and sugar free). The highly controlled environment is vital for this type of practice. The course requires some preparation from the student. Interested students are advised to prepare by following a regular daily hatha yoga practice and a sattvic lifestyle. Sound physical and mental health is a pre-requisite. Hatha Yoga Sadhana affords a unique opportunity to extend the limits of our capabilities, strengthen our stamina and develop self-confidence with long lasting effects.
The Hatha Yoga Sadhana course is open to Sivananda Teachers Training Course (TTC) graduates and also non-graduates. Good physical and mental health as well as a high degree of self-motivation are required.