Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jul 3 - 12, 2019 (10 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,895.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,895.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,210.00 LGH - Single - $2,370.00 LGH - Double - $2,370.00 LGH - Family room - $2,370.00 Tent-Site - $1,695.00 (All prices include $1,295.00…
Have you ever had a student who’s unable to perform even the most basic Hatha poses? You want to help them, but you aren’t sure how. Join Satya Greenstone for the Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training to learn how to accommodate students of varying levels and abilities.
This ten-day course teaches you to adapt the Integral Yoga practices to meet the needs of any individual. You will explore the essential benefits of each asana and Yoga practice and determine how to best implement them without strain—regardless of your students’ physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
This training also explores:
- Adaptations of asanas (postures) and substitute poses
- Chair Yoga (helpful for students with limited mobility or space)
- Gentle warm-ups and stretches
- Safe and effective prop use
- Strategies for introducing other Yoga practices, such as meditation, chanting, and deep relaxation
200-hour Integral Yoga Teacher Training or the equivalent. Certified Teachers from other traditions may also apply for consideration.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 88 Training Hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 88 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
Adaptive Yoga gives us the tools to reach various populations that may not have had access to the benefits of Hatha Yoga. In addition to Yoga studios, Adaptive Yoga classes can be offered in senior centers, rehabilitation facilities, recreation centers, hospitals, churches, and community centers.
An Adaptive Yoga class provides all the benefits of the basic Integral Yoga Class at the level that the individual student is capable of practicing. You will learn to create safe, comfortable Yoga sessions for all of your students. Teaching techniques learned in this training will give you more options for accommodating people with limited mobility, students in private classes, and various levels in group classes.
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart and leads me to my heart while “sneaking” lots of “academia” in under the radar. When you fully show up, and sometimes just barely at that, you’re blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
This is my second training with Satya. She is knowledgeable and interesting. She knows her stuff. The teaching manual was excellent and well-thought-out. I would definitely like to take another training with her. — Past Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.