Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jun 7 - 9, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $450.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $450.00 Dormitory - Private - $520.00 LGH - Single - $570.00 LGH - Double - $570.00 LGH - Family room - $570.00 Tent-Site - $390.00 (All prices include $270.00 base amount)
Registration, check-in, and orientation: Friday evening
Program starts on Saturday morning
Immerse yourself in the nourishing, restorative, and transformative practice of Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep. The practice of Yoga Nidra provides an experience of altered states of consciousness—essentially meditative experiences—which can be used therapeutically to enhance creativity and productivity, promote healing, and improve sleep.
Through theory and practice you will:
- Experience a variety of Yoga Nidra practices
- Enjoy Total Yoga Nidra—a unique approach to Yoga Nidra that is inspired by multiple traditions
- Learn about the history, science, philosophy, and structure of Yoga Nidra
- Discover how to use sankalpa (intention) and mantra (sound) in Yoga Nidra
- Become empowered to deepen your own intuitive practice of Yoga Nidra beyond the limits of standard trademarked and traditional form
- Explore Yoga Nidra in relation to liminality, sleep, dreams, memory, hypnosis, and creativity
Through the Total Yoga Nidra Immersion, you will have the opportunity to discover the full spectrum of approaches to Yoga Nidra and gain a deeper understanding of the practice.
A self-contained, retreat-style immersion, this workshop covers all the fundamentals of Total Yoga Nidra and serves as a prerequisite for the Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Training.
Try before you register: FREE Total Yoga Nidra
Uma highly recommends that you listen to her Total Yoga Nidra “To Nourish Every Dimension of Being”
Other Total Yoga Nidra audio files by Uma and others are available here.
Includes: 6 hours of Techniques, Training, and Practice; 2 hours of Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics; 1 hour of Teaching Methodology, and 1 hour of Anatomy and Physiology
None. This course is ideal for anyone interested in Yoga, meditation, or Yoga Nidra. Yoga teachers trained in any tradition are welcome.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 10 contact hours*
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Submit Uma’s course by entering it through the non-YACEP pathway in your teacher account. You do not need to upload a completion certificate. Instead, you will enter Uma’s name, description of the course, number of hours, and the educational category. You may contact Yoga Alliance Member Support team for assistance at email@example.com
It was an enormous privilege to be able to be on the receiving end of teachings delivered with passion and wisdom. The whole experience was nourishing personally—I felt uplifted for days—and it gave me food for thought about the benefits of experiential learning through immersing oneself in the practice. I felt that it was embodied rather than taught and I plan to take these ideas into my own teaching.
The whole course was absolutely fantastic. I came away feeling overwhelmingly pleased that I had attended. Every aspect was great, but the feeling of being so well looked after, safe, and supported was amazing.
It was transformational and I have come away full and deeply inspired.
— Past Participants
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.