TRE: A Natural Way to ‘Shake Off’ Stress
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 22 - 24, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $425.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $425.00 Dormitory - Private - $495.00 LGH - Single - $545.00 LGH - Double - $545.00 LGH - Family room - $545.00 Tent-Site - $365.00 (All prices include $245.00 base amount)
Release tension and trauma with TREⓇ, a cutting-edge technique in stress reduction. Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) are a series of seven simple exercises that initiate the release of deep muscular patterns of stress and tension held within the body. An easily learned self-help method, TRE has immediate effects and can be integrated into your daily routine to help restore inner peace and relaxation.
In this workshop you will discover the relationship between deep, chronic muscular tension and the functioning of all systems—neurological, biological, anatomical, and emotional. Gain an understanding of how living with chronic stress and the overwhelming effects of trauma can impact your daily functioning.
Through didactic and experiential presentations, you will:
- Practice and learn the Tension and Trauma Release Exercises (TRE)
- Gain an understanding of the effects of chronic stress and trauma on neurological, biological, anatomical and emotional functioning
- Learn the importance of neurogenic tremors and their role in returning the body to its natural state of homeostasis
- Experience relief from stress, tension, and trauma held in the body
- Understand how to self-regulate and self-initiate the tremor response
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Approximately 7 training hours towards TRE Certification with Jacy
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Caliber, sincerity, and commitment from Jacy made this more than just a ‘learning’ experience. It became a ‘life’ experience. — D.S.
Jacy’s breadth of life experience and background in psychology give her the tools to be patient when needed, or direct and candid when called for. What I most appreciate about the workshop is Jacy’s spiritual focus, the way she teaches to search for deeper truths in everyday experiences. She chooses her words carefully and is a good communicator as well as a good listener. — L.L.K.
I appreciate Jacy’s calm, poised presence. She taught with authority and heart. Jacy ’s groundedness, presence with each of us, her peace, calm, and wisdom in her teaching made for a great learning opportunity. I felt the connection with her heart. — B.A.S.
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.