The Paths of Yoga: Aligning Hand, Heart, and Head
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 1 - 3, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Truth is one, but the paths of Yoga are many. The four main paths of Yoga correspond to the hand (action), the heart (love), the head (intelligence), and the unification of all three. When aligned, the hand, heart, and head form a wonderful ladder to help you climb to a more fulfilling life rooted in Spirit.
Discover the four main paths of Yoga:
- Karma Yoga (the hand)—using the actions of your daily life to clean your past karma rather than accumulate new karma
- Bhakti Yoga (the heart)—cultivating a living relationship with the Divine to transcend the limitations of the ego
- Jnana Yoga (the head)—applying discriminating intelligence to penetrate through the illusion and wake up to the Self
- Raja Yoga (the unification of yogic paths)—integrating all approaches so that you can develop into a well-rounded human being and a balanced, mature soul
Since an ounce of practice is worth a ton of theory, Swami Asokananda gives thorough focus to the practical ways you can absorb each of these approaches and develop into a true Integral yogi.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 Training hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
Swami Asokananda is such a joy to learn from; the energy and lessons from Gurudev spring from his every word! His guidance has been my jumping off point to deepen my yogic journey. — Jeremiah S.
I came to refresh on the basics but walked away with very deep insights that are timeless and will be treasured. — Rose Mary Shaw
Swami Asokananda had such an easy manner, good stories, and good directions to follow about very complicated material, especially since I’d never read or heard most of it. I loved Swami Asokananda… Plus, it was fun! — Melinda R.
I really enjoyed the workshop and the experiential aspect that Swami Asokananda incorporated. He is kind, accessible, and very attuned to the group’s needs. — Past Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.