Meditation Teacher Training
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Jun 17 - 30, 2019 (14 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $2,495.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $2,495.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,840.00 LGH - Single - $3,080.00 LGH - Double - $3,080.00 LGH - Family room - $3,080.00 Tent-Site - $2,090.00 (All prices include $1,500.00…
Swami Satchidananda said: “Meditation is the most important practice. Most of our problems in life would be solved if we meditated regularly.” This is because our whole experience of life is based on the condition of the mind, and meditation enables us to understand and gain mastery over the mind. As the mind becomes stronger, clearer, and calmer, we experience greater efficiency, harmony, and balance in life. Because of the connection between body and mind, our health improves as well. Ultimately, we are able to transcend the mind and realize our true nature, a state of supreme peace and joy—free of all sorrow, fear, and delusion.
The Meditation Teacher Training will show you how to deepen your own meditation practice and guide others in establishing a practice of their own.
The curriculum includes:
- Meditation theory
- Principal meditation techniques, including: mantra, witnessing, Self-inquiry, visualization, and prayer
- The role of asana (posture) and pranayama (yogic breathing) in meditation
- Obstacles to meditation practice and how to overcome them
- Methods for integrating meditation into daily life
- Instruction in leading guided meditations
Develop a personal practice plan and emerge with the knowledge, skill, and confidence to teach a six-week course as well as meditation workshops. In a world that is so much in need of peace, meditation is a time-honored practice that will empower you and your students to discover the peace within.
This course is available to certified Yoga instructors of all traditions who have had a regular daily meditation practice for at least six months. Applicants should be familiar with the Integral Yoga® style of Hatha Yoga practice. If not, you can click here to purchase a DVD of our Level 1 class led by Swami Satchidananda. There is also a YouTube video available of our Level 1 class. Also recommended is the Guided Relaxation CD by Sri Swami Satchidananda.
If you have any questions, please contact the IY Academy at email@example.com or (434) 969-3121 x153 before submitting your application and non-refundable application fee.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 105 contact hours
- Integral Yoga 300-hour Mentored Program: 105 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Swami Karunananda] made me feel very calm and prepared to control the mind.
[She has an] amazing capacity to explain complex things in an easy way.
Swami Karunananda is extremely knowledgeable and her presentation is without equal. Her use of stories to illustrate a point is superb.
Swami Karunananda has an excellent way of sharing her treasure trove of knowledge of meditation.
— Past Participants
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.