Private Personal Solo Retreat
- Casa Werma
- Libertad 80, Colonia Centro Patzcuaro, Mich. 61600 Mexico
- $400.00 - 6-8 NIGHTS, 1 WEEK: High Season: Mid-October through Easter $240.00 - 4 NIGHTS, 3 FULL DAYS: High Season: Mid-October through Easter $300.00 - 6-8 NIGHTS, 1 WEEK: Low Season: Easter through early October $180.00 - 4…
Please come enjoy the sacred garden oasis in Casa Werma where the basic goodness of human activity and society meets the tranquility of a garden-based retreat.
Private, personal retreat gives you the opportunity to settle into meditation practice and contemplation free from the distractions of daily life, and in doing so, deepen your experience of progress on the path.
The schedule you follow on retreat will be determined by you and your teacher or meditation advisor. Generally, one does six to eight or more hours of meditation and study over three or four sessions a day, leaving time for meals, exercise, bathing, rest, and sleep.
Since personal retreat is not an entry-level endeavor, we recommend that practitioners complete a group meditation retreat of at least one week, maintain a regular meditation practice for at least one year, and have a strong personal connection with a spiritual teacher or community.
Recommendation of a spiritual teacher or meditation advisor is required for those embarking on their first solitary retreat. No alcohol or drugs allowed.
- The minimum retreat length is four nights, although a minimum of one week is recommended.
- Resident Directors can provide support in the form of meditation advice and are available for emergencies.
- Strict closed solitary retreats are not possible at Casa Werma.
Dates are completely flexible according to your time frame and availability of Casa Werma and the Directors.
Semana Santa (Holy Week before Easter), Day of the Dead, and the week before and after Christmas are blackout days.
La Casita has a kitchenette available for making your own meals.
Scholarships may also be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For solitary retreats or closed retreats, please visit Dorje Khyung Dzong in southern Colorado. Founded in 1972 by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, DKD is an ideal place for solitary retreat, under the direction of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, current leader of Shambhala. For more information, please visit: http://www.shambhala.org/centers/dkd/index.htm