Private Group Retreat – Entire Property
- Casa Werma
- Libertad 80, Colonia Centro Patzcuaro, Mich. 61600 Mexico
- $2,000.00 - 6-8 NIGHTS, 1 WEEK: High Season: Mid-October through Easter $1,400.00 - 6-8 NIGHTS, 1 WEEK: Low Season: Easter through early October
Please come enjoy the sacred garden oasis in Casa Werma where the basic goodness of human activity and society meets the tranquility of a garden-based retreat.
Private, self-organized group retreat gives you the opportunity to settle into meditation practice and contemplation free from the distractions of daily life, and in doing so, deepen your experience of progress on the path.
The schedule you follow on retreat will be determined by your group. Generally, one does six to eight or more hours of meditation and study over three or four sessions a day, leaving time for meals, exercise, bathing, rest, and sleep.
A minimum group retreat length of one week is recommended.
Retreat at Casa Werma can include:
- Stroke practice at the table where the Dorje Dradul wrote the Werma Sadhana
- Lush drala gardens
- A visit to the nearby archeological site, Tzintzuntzan (“the place of the hummingbird”)
- the ruins where both Sakyongs have performed lhasangs
- a courtyard filled with “the oldest olive trees in the New World”
- Local artisans in pottery, ceramics, wood-carving, embroidery, and reed-weaving.
Dates are completely flexible according to your time frame and availability of Casa Werma and the Directors.
Semana Santa (Holy Week before Easter), Night of the Dead, and the weeks of Christmas and New Years are blackout days.
No food is included in this rate. It may be possible to arrange catering for your event for an extra charge. The Casa Grande and La Casita have kitchens available for making your own meals.
About accommodations, the entire property has 6 – 8 beds in four separate bedrooms for up to 11 people (if all double beds are used for two people):
- In the Casa Grande:
- Agave Suite with one king-size bed, personal fireplace, and private bathroom with tub shower
- Colibri Suite with one king-size bed (or two individual beds) and private bathroom with shower
- Cozy Leoncita behind the kitchen with one matrimonial bed and use of semi-public bathroom with shower in the hallway
- La Casita is an open studio-style space with one queen bed and 2-3 individual beds all sharing one bathroom with shower
- There may also be the possibility of some attendees camping in the garden in their own tent or staying off-site for an additional nightly charge.