The New Earth Retreats
The New Earth Retreats specialize in transformational experiences and offer unique Personal Development programmes set in beautiful areas of Australia.
The originality of our programme is it combines a week-long full immersion in nature and a discovery of Australian Aboriginal culture in the Shark Bay area (a UNESCO World Heritage site) in Western Australia, with a 7 day transformative self-growth programme in Byron Bay, NSW, a stunning seaside resort situated on the East coast of Australia.
The purpose of our programme is to inspire, to ﬁnd a better understanding of who we are, and to see life with a new perspective while shedding obsolete beliefs.
Our programmes are led by inspirational and highly experienced facilitators and spiritual teachers. In a non-judgemental and safe space, participants enter into a world of intensive but refreshing personal and spiritual development.
"We create an extraordinary space for profound development and significant positive change."
“You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.” Stephen Richards
- A 2 Week Personal Development Programme including:
- WEEK 1 - Location: Shark Bay, Western Australia - Duration: 1 week
- Theme: A connection with Mother Earth - A connection with your Self
- During the first week of the programme, participants are offered a unique opportunity to discover some aspects of the Aboriginal Culture & Spirituality as well as the Aboriginal people’s connection to the land through a series of activities such as environmental awareness, bush survival skills, bush wildlife conservation, bush tucker, bush medicine plants, Dreamtime story telling... These teachings and the powerful effect of the breathtaking natural environment allow participants to develop a sense of connectedness with nature and to feel presence, joy, gratitude, and compassion.
- WEEK 2 - Location: Byron Bay, New South Wales - Duration: 1 week
- Theme: A Personal Development transformation course + activities
- During the second week, participants are offered a gentle but powerful personal development course that generates a deeper understanding of the self to emerge.
- Afternoon activities are yoga, meditation, conscious dance sessions, kayaking with the dolphins and turtles - whale watching between June & October only.
- Every day is designed to nourish the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of each participant.
- Transfer from Shark Bay to Byron Bay included in the price.
Venue HighlightsThe first 6 days of the programme take place in Francois Peron National Park which is situated in the Shark Bay area at 830 km north of Perth, Western Australia, on the coast (transfer from Perth included).
In Francois Peron National Park, participants are taken to some amazing locations (land and coastal) that only locals know about and camp in various locations during a set itinerary.
The second week is taking place in Byron Bay, a beautiful seaside resort in New South Wales, Australia's most Easterly point.
The personal development course is taught in the morning in the heart of Byron Bay.
ScheduleWEEK 1 (example of activities)
Day 3: Kayaking, Swimming, Snorkelling, Fishing at Big Lagoon (known as ‘thalganjangu’ in the local Malgana Aboriginal language), a tranquil body of seawater and the largest tidal inlet in the World Heritage area.
This day focuses on exploring the marine ecosystem and includes a kayaking activity. The focus is also on group cohesion, cultural awareness, learning about connection to “Country”, environmental awareness, and promoting the World Heritage values. Exploration of the local wildlife including turtles, dugongs, fish, sharks, rays and birds as well as looking at mangroves and their ecosystem. Dinner.
Evening activities: didgeridoo playing, storytelling, group discussions about the day’s activities and optionally a dip in a natural hot tub at Francois Peron Homestead.
WEEK 2 (example of activities)
Day 11: Personal Development Course (9:00 am to 12:30 pm). Lunch.
Kayaking with the dolphins and turtles (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm).
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWEEK 1: a typical lunch would be a Pasta Salad + fruits or cake and a typical dinner would be grilled fish or meat or veggies + salad + fruits.
WEEK 2: a typical lunch and dinner would be a vegan, vegeterian or non vegetarian salad or hot dish (dahl, veggie pizza, vegetarian lasagna, vegetarian Asian/Indian dishes, chicken parmesan, beef casserole, etc.).
AccommodationsWEEK 1 (Shark Bay, Western Australia): the week is spent in the bush and all meals and camping equipments (swag tents) are provided.
WEEK 2 (Byron Bay, New South Wales): participants may choose from a wide range of accommodation such as homestay, hostel, 3 to 4 star hotels. Some lunches and dinners are included in the price.
DirectionsParticipants coming from overseas must arrive in Perth at least one day prior to the beginning of the programme, to recover from jetlag.
In Perth, your accommodation is offered in a 3 Star Hotel very centrally located, for the first 2 nights.
Our group leader will greet you at your arrival at the hotel.