Cultivating Radical Gratitude
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- May 17 - 19, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $440.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $440.00 Dormitory - Private - $510.00 LGH - Single - $560.00 LGH - Double - $560.00 LGH - Family room - $560.00 Tent-Site - $380.00 (All prices include $260.00 base amount)
Gratitude is part of every spiritual tradition, and now modern science shows that it enhances every aspect of our health—physical, mental, and emotional. Not only that, but the most grateful people in the world are also the happiest.
In this workshop, we will explore various aspects of gratitude, its relationship to mindfulness practice, and the science behind it. Experience many specific gratitude practices, playful movement, and iRest meditation. You can grow your capacity to be grateful for almost everything in your life and your past—it just takes practice.
In this workshop, you will:
- Receive an overview of the vast field of research on gratitude and its benefits
- Learn a wide range of gratitude exercises and practices that improve your gratitude perspective
- Experience guided iRest meditation practices oriented toward cultivating gratitude
- Consider a wider and wider range of events, people, and circumstances you could feel grateful for
- Experiment with playful, structured experiences designed to highlight underlying assumptions and open your heart
- This fun weekend could just radically change your life.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 Training hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
Very enlightening! Eye-opening! Robin was a wonderful instructor. I look forward to having another experience with her. Namaste. — Past Participant
Thank you, Robin, for the untold hours of love and devotion that have gone into developing your work and this class. The course was impeccably organized, packed with useful information, and extremely generous. — Past Participant
Robin was and is a wonderful teacher. I feel amazing—mind, body, and soul. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! — Ginger Doughty
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.