Power of Food Workshop and Cooking Class
- Heartwood Refuge and Retreat Center
- 159 Osceola Rd. Hendersonville, NC
- Nov 3, 2018 (1 day)
- $30.00 - Program Price
Learn how to Prevent and even Reverse Chronic Illness and Overweight by making the right food choices.
- PART ONE includes an uplifting “kickstart your health” video followed by a comprehensive ”How-To” Workshop on transitioning to eating healthier, pantry makeover, shopping tips, and more.
- PART TWO consists of a fabulous professional cooking class where you will learn easy, flavorful, whole food plant-based recipes.
- PART THREE is enjoying a delicious lunch prepared by Chef Terri.
Venue HighlightsHeartwood’s facilities include a historic thirty-room Victorian-era mansion, and additional thirty adjoining courtyard rooms. Three meditation halls and a commercial kitchen are designed to support short-term and long-term retreats, conferences, and workshops. Quiet spaces indoors and out invite contemplation and conversation. Our goal is to nurture all aspects of one’s being.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineThree delicious vegetarian meals per day are offered; there are always vegan and gluten free options served for those with dietary restrictions. You are also welcome to bring a snack to share if you wish.
Breakfast typically includes cereal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, bread, and rice cakes. Coffee is served at breakfast only. Lunch, which is the main meal of the day, consists of a protein, a grain, vegetables, and salad. A light supper of soup, with either salad or fruit, as well as some surprises, is offered each evening.