Yoga Health Education Camp – Diabetes
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Jan 13 - 18, 2019 (6 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $400.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $475.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $475.00 Om Cabin - Private - $800.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $750.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $1,000.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $750.00…
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a group of metabolic disorders characterized by chronic hyperglycemia due to relative insulin deficiency or resistance or both. [29.1 million people in the United States have diabetes, but 8.1 million may be undiagnosed and unaware of their condition.] The successful management of diabetes revolves around an individually tailored nutritional and lifestyle plan, Yoga exercise , breathing and meditation regimen. Use of medication if needed . Regular monitoring by patient and physician, and supportive education are an integral and important part of management.
The team of SIHY’s Yoga Health Educators and Nutrition Service will guide you to make these decisions with knowledge and confidence. Patients would leave our workshops feeling empowered, and knowing what to do to incorporate their treatment plan and Yoga lifestyle:
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Yoga Health Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
1. Yogic and Ayurvedic Healthy Lifestyle
2. Yoga and Diabetes Management
3. Stress Management, Self-care and Positive Thinking techniques
4. Anti Diabetic Nutrition and Cooking
5. Self-affirmation, emotional intelligence and Meditation
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: “Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda