Integral Health and Healing
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Apr 5 - 7, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $510.00 LGH - Single - $560.00 LGH - Double - $560.00 LGH - Family room - $560.00 Tent-Site - $360.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Integrate Yoga, herbs, and Western medicine into your life and the lives of others for conscious healing. In this Integral Health and Healing workshop, healthcare professionals, Yoga teachers, and those with various health conditions are invited to learn how to use the full range of Yoga practices to heal the body and mind.
Explore the power of a Yoga framework to create and maintain healthy choices, experience enduring love within, and achieve an overall sense of peace and well-being.
Learn how to:
- Apply the latest research to understand the root causes of illnesses
- Utilize herbs to nourish the body and support nutrition and elimination
- Apply mind-body-spirit approaches for optimum health
- Use simple yogic formulas to improve eyesight, immune system function, digestion, hair growth, and more
- Determine what is missing in our diet and gain a thorough understanding of vitamins, minerals, and environmental toxins
- Practice shat kriyas (purification techniques) to clear the body of toxins and steady the mind for deeper meditation
- Calm and revitalize the system with pranayama (breathing exercises) and deep relaxation
Additionally, explore yogic techniques for preventing and responding to arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, and other conditions.
This is a uniquely supportive, enjoyable, and life-changing medical workshop led by old friends. Margabandhu and Dr. Amrita worked together in the former Connecticut Ashram for several years in the 1970s helping people heal themselves. Now their private practices are merging once again to bring their experience, wisdom, and love of Yoga to a new set of eager students, teachers, and health practitioners.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
Dr. Amrita was fantastic! Very upbeat and entertaining. The vast knowledge just articulately flowed from her lips—so much info in such a short time, all understandable due to her humor and energy. Thank you! — Claudia Hedeen
Dr. Amrita McLanahan [has a] great sense of humor and the capacity to marry science to theory. — Crystal Fenwick
Dr. Amrita was so helpful in bringing to light the many myths we hear daily from the food and medical industries in particular. — Program Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.