Awakening the Breath of Life: Integral Yoga Pranayama
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 8 - 10, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $510.00 LGH - Single - $560.00 LGH - Double - $560.00 LGH - Family room - $560.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Pranayama, the Yoga science of breath control, is one of the most powerful elements of Yoga. Although subtle, pranayama practices effectively energize and relax the body while also calming and focusing the mind.
Discover proven methods that heal the entire system, improve your resistance to infection and illness, and awaken your spiritual potential.
Make pranayama an essential part of your integrated practice:
- Gain an understanding of the basic theory of yogic breathing and the subtle energy system
- Learn guidelines for daily practice, nasal cleansing, and meditation
- Receive step-by-step instructions for both Level 1 and Level 2 practices
- Discover how to manage stress in daily life
- Experience pranayama as preparation for meditation
- Receive guidance in pranic healing visualization
Suitable for complete beginners and more advanced students, this weekend workshop could change your life!
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raama Das is an amazing teacher. He is knowledgeable, caring, genuine, and supportive. — Ambika Cristelli
I am delighted to share the benefit and joy I have received from being a part of Raama’s workshops. He is a delightful presenter with a great sense of humor. He makes the workshops fun and the materials easy to understand with down to earth analogies. I am impressed by his knowledge of the classical yogic teachings and inspired by how he’s devoted and dedicated to living them. His dedication to dear guruji Satchidananda’s teachings is quite heartfelt. — Deborah Bennett
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.