- Villa Maecenas
- Sant Joan de Labritja, Spain
- Nov 10 - 15, 2018 (6 days)
- From 1690 € per person based on two people sharing a room. A limited number of single rooms are available for 1990 €.
- Throughout the ‘Writing Your Untold Story’
- Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat you’ll experience:
- • Re-balancing yoga sessions to calm, energise and uplift
- • Pranayama (yogic breath work) to centre, focus and soothe
- • Guided meditations to support the creative process
- • Creative Flow Workshops :
- Putting pen to paper
- - Sharing blocks to getting started and finding ways around them - Sacred time, sacred space; finding a time & place to write
- - Overcoming self-doubt and the barriers we put in our own way
- Going to where the excitement (or fear) is
- - Showing, not telling
- - Shame is where the juice (and the healing) is
- - Bringing shadows to light (and light to shadows)
- Magic Realism & Myth
- - What is reality anyway?
- - Telling your truth though fiction
- - Going Deeper into your untold story
- Taking our stories into life, Taking our life into stories
- - Interfacing with the day-to-day
- - Sustaining a daily writing practice
- - Finding ways to support our creative life
- • A one-to-one creative flow session with Lou Rhodes
- • Healthy, plant-based, vegetarian cuisine
- • Opportunity for healing therapies and coaching sessions
- • Time to explore the island’s villages, countryside, coves and beaches
- • You-Time for Relaxation and simply being
- One-to-one Creative Writing and Coaching Sessions
- There will be plenty of opportunities to experience additional one-to-one creative flow consultations with Lou and coaching sessions with Claudia throughout the retreat, as well as healing and body work treatments from highly qualified, skilled and experienced therapists.
- About Your Hosts
- ￼Lou Rhodes
- Singer, songwriter, author and poet.
- Mercury Nominated solo singer/songwriter and founder member of the band “Lamb” Published children’s author & essayist
- My work in music and songwriting has taken me around the world many times over the past 23 years as a performer since the formation of “Lamb” in 1994.
- During that time I have written and published over 100 songs, many of which have been used in a variety of films and tv series.
- I have published two children’s stories, contributed essays to the series “The First Time I Heard” and am in the process of writing my first novel and compiling a book of haiku.
- My passion is in the use of writing as a cathartic process. Through expressing our deepest selves we touch into a common humanity in which our greatest fulfilment lies.
- Claudia Jones
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, MBPS, Yoga Alliance, Kaivalyadhama
- Founder and director of The Wellness Source, a company dedicated to empowering people to take charge of their wellbeing; supporting them toward living happier, healthier lives through wellness therapies, coaching, workshops and retreats.
- Experienced international retreat and workshop facilitator runs regular Workshops and Retreats in Ibiza, Spain, Geneva, Switzerland and Goa, India.
- For over twenty years, I’ve been working in the field of personal and spiritual wellbeing, supporting my clients on an empowering journey of personal growth. My approach blends ancient spiritual practices such as yoga, pranayama (breath work) and Vipassana (Buddhist meditation) with modern self-inquiry and counselling psychology techniques, among others, that together have the power to bring about deep healing and lasting transformation. By reconnecting you with your own true nature and by helping you to forge a powerful bond with your intuition, the work of uncovering and moving beyond the layers of fear and self-doubt that hold you back from living your full potential and expressing your authentic self in the world becomes truly possible.
- What’s Included
- • 5 Nights Luxury Accommodation in the beautiful villa
- • Daily yoga class with Claudia Jones
- • Daily pranayama (breath work) class with Claudia Jones
- • Daily guided meditation with Claudia Jones
- • Daily creative flow workshops with Lou Rhodes
- • A one-to-one creative writing consultation with Lou Rhodes
- • Delicious and healthy plant based vegetarian meals, herbal teas and water
- • Evening Q & A and Sharing with Lou & Claudia
Schedule‘Writing Your Untold Story’, Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat Schedule
• 8.30am – Pranayama – breath work class
• 9.00am – Yoga class
• 10am – Guided meditation
• 10.30am – Delicious vegetarian brunch
• 11.30 –1.30 – Creative flow workshop
• 1.30 – 5.30pm – Free time to relax or explore the island, take a one-to-one creative
flow or coaching session, benefit from a healing therapy or take time to simply be
• 5.30pm – Evening Q & A and sharing
• 7pm – Delicious vegetarian dinner
• 8pm – Fun evenings with all kind of surprises and entertainment
Please note that the ‘Writing Your Untold Story’, Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the
• Visit Ibiza Old Town – UNESCO World Heritage Site *
• Explore the Beautiful Beaches of the White Island of Ibiza *
• Horse Riding*
• Mountain Biking/Road Biking *
• Spa and Hammam*
• Visit the Local Markets *
• Explore the Islands’ Many Caves *
• Enjoy Healing Therapies and Coaching*
* Please note these activities are at an extra charge.
About This Event
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. – Maya Angelou
We all have a story to tell. Whether fact or fiction, our deepest inner thoughts or magical make-believe, there is a profound human need to share what is inside us; to bring to light what is hidden within. Writing “what is so” for us in any given moment can be the most cathartic gift, whether we want simply to read it back in years to come, to share it with those close to us, or to publish it and share it with the world.
In this retreat we aim to release the stories we all long to tell. Through yoga, meditation, writing group workshops and one-to-one sessions we will explore and release the blocks that may stand in our way, explore ways of supporting our creative life on a day-to-day basis and find the authenticity and freedom to live our fullest truth.
RORY MACPARLAND My week at Villa Maecenas was uplifting and glorious, for mind, body and soul. From sunrise to magical sunset we were treated to delicious nourishing food, yoga which challenged both physically and mentally, and spiritual moments of mindfulness and discussion. Like-minded people in a wonderful place doing amazing things, thats Villa Maecenas, looking forward to the next experience. Villa Maecenas guest 2017 SOPHIE BARRETT I booked in wanting rest, relaxation and inspiration and that's exactly what I got. The perfect balance of structure and spontaneity - I came away well nourished, calmer and with friends for life. Our meditation teacher stood out for me although our yoga teachers were also brilliant and the setting exquisite. An Ibizan getaway that your body and mind will thank you for for years to come. I can't wait to return Xxxx Villa Maecanas surpassed all expectations. There is a schedule of activities, delicious menu, and a beautiful setting, but there is no conformity and must-do's. You are utterly at your own discretion to make it what you like and need. Our wonderful host had thought about all the little details that make a difference and nothing was too much trouble. If you are up for being open-minded about what a retreat can offer you, I cannot recommend a stay here highly enough. It will re-energise you, teach you new things and give you a glow for months to come. I feel super lucky to have discovered Villa Maecenas. Naz Sadri
Venue HighlightsLocated in amidst the forests and fields of wild flowers of northern Ibiza, but only a few minutes away from quaint white washed villages and farm houses scattered around the island.
Guests are invited to enjoy our charming 400 years old finca, nested on a large lavender field, designed by Rolf Blaskstad, which sits amongst 4 hectares of wild flowers, forests and mountains. A truly authentic Ibizan experience.