Everest Base Camp: Trekking & Transformation Retreat
180 Retreats helps you land softly in a part of the world that may be 180 from what you are used to. We dive into the learning of local culture while immersing ourselves in nature through the fabric of yoga, meditation and spirituality in order to inspire personal heights.
Our group size never exceeds 14 so you can be sure to have plenty of one-on-one attention from our retreat leader and senior guides.
Jordana will be conducting a digital training program for 6 months leading up to the trek, helping you to define your personal "Everest" and preparing both your mind and body for what it takes to stand at the foot of the world's tallest mountain.
Are you ready to conquer your Everest? Ready or not, it’s coming! This retreat will be like nothing you’ve ever experienced, designed to awaken your creativity and inner self. We’re pairing transformative yoga, meditation and the most epic adventure to the base camp of the tallest mountain in the world. With plenty of time for writing and reflection, you’re bound to experience a renewal at the soul level.
I learned so much with Jordana. She is a true healing professional who knows a lot about life, spirituality, yoga and healing. Every day she made people laugh too, the gateway to spirituality. Because of how she conducted, especially the breathing exercise and mind meditations, no one had the problem or stress on their body even in high altitude. Trekking with 180 Retreats was beyond amazing! Each element 180 Retreats added to the trip was intentional, and well timed. From the yoga to the meditation, nothing felt forced. I was just eased ever so gently into my transformation. Can’t say thank you enough!! ❤️🙏❤️
- See Everest with your own eyes! Hike various terrains and sleep in guesthouses with home-cooked meals from Nepalese families. Take a private helicopter from Everest back to the Lukla airport: you'll never get closer to the Himalayas than this!
- Some of What's Included:
- -6 month of online tools / preparatory program (includes reflection exercises, pranayama techniques for improving breathing and lung capacity, group-specific meditation mp3s + more)
- -Airport arrival and departure pick up and drop off by private car
- -Arrival gift package
- -3 nights’ accommodation in three / four star hotel in Kathmandu
- -10 nights’ accommodation during the trek in a twin shared lodge (tea house)
- -All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- -Welcome cacao ceremony and rooftop yoga flow
- -Welcome dinner and (optional) dancing at popular Nepalese restaurant with senior Nepalese guide
- -Private daily yoga, meditation and pranayama to support trekking
- -Reflection, writing and personal growth practices throughout retreat
- -Personal mantra setting workshop (Sankalpa)
- -One-on-one guidance from Wellness Expert throughout retreat
- -Guided city tour in Kathmandu including temples’ / monuments’ entrance fees
- and private vehicle with English-speaking Nepalese tour guide
- -Government licensed, English speaking guides trained in wilderness first aid
- -Round-trip airfare between Kathmandu and Lukla including airport departure tax
- -Helicopter from trek finale, sweeping over the Himalayas back to Lukla Airport
- -All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- -Closing ceremony & personal growth workshop
- -Celebratory farewell dinner
- -Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- -Assistant trekking guides
- -Porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- -Down jacket and sleeping bag
- -Medical kit
- -A Lifetime of saying, “Everest? Check.”
Venue HighlightsWe'll be traveling through Nepal. We'll stay at a 4 star hotel in Kathmandu upon arrival where we'll take over the entire top floor, giving us the rooftop for sunset views, yoga time and our annual cacao ceremony.
Our hotel provides a beautiful breakfast with plenty of vegetarian options to enjoy before our daily cultural excursion and the upcoming trek to Everest.
Every place we stop at will have space indoors or outdoors for us to do a meditation and yoga practice.
- Tour Assistance
DAY 1 & 2: Welcome cacao ceremony, rooftop yoga, welcome dinner. Followed by a full day of sightseeing in Kathmandu. DAY 3: Fly to Lukla and begin trek. DAY 4: Trekking through the Sagarmatha National Park, we will get our first glimpse of mighty Everest. DAY 5: Active rest day with a short hike to catch panoramic views of the Everest range. DAY 6: Silent trek day, through the Rhododendron forest, and prayer ceremony at remote Buddhist monastery. DAY 7: Over the river and through the forest we go. DAY 8: Active rest day, day hike to view the Himalayas. DAY 9: Today we reach Everest Base Camp! DAY 10: Catch the sunrise over the Himalayas, board helicopter, fly over the Everest Range to Lukla. DAY 11: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, day for shopping, exploring. DAY 12: Bid farewell and departure from Nepal.
EXAMPLE ITINERARY - TREKKING DAY
6:45am - 8:00am: Morning Ritual / Yin Yoga / Meditation
8:30am: Homecooked Breakfast at Tea House
9:00am: Departure for trekking.
11am: Optional tea break
12pm - 1:30: Break for lunch at mountainside village.
4pm: Arrive to evening Tea House. Move into accommodations, rest, shower, drink tea and journal.
6pm - 7pm: Dinner + Next Day’s Trek Briefing
7:45pm - 8:30pm: Evening Circle or Yoga Nidra
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineDal Bhat is the go-to meal in Nepal. Locals will often eat two or even three meals of Dal Bhat per day. It will differ from teahouse to teahouse but generally, it’s made up dal soup, rice and usually a small mix of veggies in a curry style sauce. You will usually have pappadums or roti on the side too. It’s delicious and the bonus is that you will likely be served seconds … and thirds. As much as you can eat, they love to feed you!
Other than Dal Bhat, there are SO many options. For breakfast you can have porridge, eggs, special breads, pancakes, cereal or veggies and fruits. For dinner there are lots of potatoes, soups, noodles, rice dishes, pasta even homemade pizza and momos!
AccommodationsWe will give you the option for private rooms throughout the retreat after registration. These are on a first-come-first-served-basis.
In Kathmandu we will stay in 4-star accommodations with a rooftop deck and soaking tubs. You will have private bathrooms and full service amenities. We will be a short walk to the spa should you choose to indulge!
During the trekking we will stay in traditional Nepalese Tea Houses on the mountain sides. These are typically 2 people per room, but on some occasions, there are 3 per room due to various Tea Houses and their popularity during the season. In advance of our trip we will have an option for single room for you. Bathrooms and showers are shared, but there are several available in each tea house.
Please see this video for a tour: