Kula Collective Facilitation Intensive
- The Yoga Forest
- The Yoga Forest, San Marcos La Laguna, Solola, Guatemala
- Dec 14 - 20, 2018 (7 days)
- Shared Cabañas - $1,095.00 Circus Tents - $1,095.00 Private Yogi Rooms [Upgrade] - $1,245.00 Private Forest Cabins [Upgrade] - $1,245.00
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN CREATIVE FACILITATION
At Kula Collective we believe in You. We’d like to support your growth into an even more creative and effective facilitator. This is why we are inviting you to join us for this intensive hands on experience that will re-inspire your leadership and re-kindle your confidence. Come learn to learn, and practice facilitating others to do the same.
- You have unique gifts to share with the world.
- You are committed to other people’s learning, leading classes, workshops, retreats, trainings and mentorships.
- You want to expand your toolkit to support diverse learning styles.
- You want to hold space for your students as they learn and grow.
To do this, the Kula Facilitation offers you the opportunity to experience new tools and methodologies with:
- Support by a collaborative community of peers, dedicated to each other’s development as facilitators.
- Opportunity to practice and receive timely feedforward in a safe and constructive space.
- Experience trying out new kinds of planning and incorporate new activities without fear of failure.
- Consistent guidance and support to grow out of your Comfort Zone, and guide others into the Learning Zone without entering the Panic Zone.
At Kula Collective, we understand how overwhelming it can be to design learning experiences, which is why we created this Facilitation Intensive. Schedule a call now to explore whether this is right for you.
We believe that by providing better learning opportunities in all areas we can unlock our collective potential and solve all the challenges humanity is facing. No matter what topic you are facilitating you can improve your students’ learning through guided practice in a community of compassionate peers. Zachary has been actively engaged in facilitation and pedagogy for the past 20 years throughout the Americas. His work has contributed to Guatemala’s national curriculum and has supported over 1,000 teachers, business leaders and community organizers to access their own creativity and encourage creative learning environments.
Together with Kula Collective he’s developed this course to support the quality of facilitation throughout our extended community. In the past 2 years over 100 facilitators and teachers have participated in these intensive retreats, ranging from healers to counselors to artists to teachers – all seeking to improve the way they design and implement learning experiences. We believe in your potential: the world needs your contributions now! We hope you’ll join us.
We spend the mornings learning about learning through games and discussions, practicing new tools and methods that we get to try out in the afternoons. Every day after lunch each person will facilitate a 20-30 minute lesson on a subject of their choice. The rest of the group participates in the class and gives feedforward after each practicum.
This intensive learning experience will help you to:
- Effectively share your gifts with your students
- Fast forward your development as a facilitator
- Design effective classes, retreats, workshops, trainings, mentorships, etc.
- Consistently improve by using insightful evaluation tools
- Incorporate participative methodologies to support active learning
- Give and receive the gift of feedforward
- Understand the stages of group development and design your facilitation accordingly
- Balance the facilitation plan with your own needs and those of the group
- Intentionally build trust and model compassionate communication
- Proactively navigate cultural differences
- Understand and channel conflict toward creative consent
- Identify FourSight preferences in yourself and others to build diverse and productive team
Pricing & Registration
$200 DISCOUNT FOR KULA ALUMNI!!!
*A 3% processing fee will be assessed if paying by Credit Card
You can avoid fees by paying by check.
Please contact us and we’ll be in touch ASAP!
Tuition, Room, & Board
In the meantime please join our growing community of facilitators for free tips, access to resources such as the facilitation design template and our Flow Design framework. Join like-hearted peers to source your facilitation questions, share your innovations and find support for your challenges.
If you’d like to learn more but can’t commit to this 6 day experience, sign up to our online course! This 6 week program provides you with a theoretical background for facilitation design and prepares you to use the Facilitation Design Planning Template to intentionally create your own classes, workshops, retreats, trainings and mentorships.
Release the doubt that’s holding you back from reaching your full potential.
Word of mouth is still the most powerful marketing.
As your students spread the word about your facilitation skills, it will become much easier to fill your offerings. Empower yourself to share powerful and ever better learning experiences with a broad audience. We build the world we dream of first within ourselves, then one student at a time.
More Information? First, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (
First, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
For questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
Find your Self in the Forest.
Venue HighlightsSan Marcos la Laguna is a small Mayan village on Lake Atitlán in the western highlands of Guatemala. It has become a Mecca for international travelers attracted by its beauty, tranquility and diverse options for spiritual exploration and therapy. Terraced into the side of a cliff, The Yoga Forest is a twenty five minute hike up into the valley from Lake Atitlán, To escape to our lush tropical food forest please travel to us with a backpack, organic soaps, a head torch and a spirit of adventure.
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe serve local organic produce whenever is possible and prepare our delicious vegetarian meal with love. We can cater to certain dietary restrictions, such as vegan and gluten free. Please advise management of your needs as well as any allergies.
AccommodationsThe Yoga Forest has multiple accommodation options to suit all explorers, from shared cabanas, private rooms, unique yogi lofts, and private forest cabins. All accommodations are beautifully appointed, built using natural building techniques and materials, featuring comfortable beds, warm feather duvets, pillows, and decorated with Peruvian Shipibo fabrics and Guatemalan cushions.
Morning Travel Recommended: Book your flight to arrive in Guatemala City, then take a direct shuttle to Antigua. Please arrange to take an 8-9am collective shuttle (Q100) from Antigua to San Marcos la Laguna in order to get you to town in the morning or very early afternoon. We offer a daily escort service from San Marcos la Laguna to The Yoga Forest promptly at 2PM. Be sure to arrive in San Marcos la Laguna with plenty of time to locate Circles Cafe before the escort service arrives.
We also can arrange a private shuttle to pick you up from Guatemala City Airport to San Marcos La Laguna. Our driver will be waiting at the airport with a sign with your name on it. The ride directly from the GUA to San Marcos is approximately 4 hours.
Please plan your travels accordingly, either spending a night in Antigua to make a morning shuttle, or stay in San Marcos la Laguna a night early. For your safety, LATE ARRIVALS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
For additional details, please see our Getting Here page on our website: https://www.theyogaforest.org/getting-here/