15 days 200-Hours Vinyasa, Yin, & Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training in Tobago
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Tobago
Make your passion your profession!
Whether you are interested in learning to teach yoga or simply deepen your own practice, expand your self awareness and transform your life, this Yoga Teacher Training is committed to the personal success of every participant. The participants will be immersed in a program rich in the full spectrum of all that is yoga: vibrant, purposeful, authentic, conscious, joyful, balanced, sacred, spiritual and transformative.
EnergiZen Yoga School will have you certified in the most popular and in demand styles of teaching. You will learn to develop your own sequences based on the needs of your students and based on what is authentic to you. You will have the foundation to lead others confidently, knowledgeably and safely.
THE CURRICULUM INCLUDES :
- Study of asana (proper alignment, benefits, modifications, contra-indications)
- Principles of anatomy
- Exploration of pranayama, meditation, bandhas, and mantras
- Art of sequencing classes
- Art of savasana and Thai yoga massage
- Hands-on assists and use of props
- Principles of demonstration, observation and class instruction
- Ayurveda 101 and the doshas
- Cultivating your voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Basic overview of yoga for kids, seniors, pre/post natal, and for PTSD
- Chair yoga for seniors, office workers, and travelers
- Instructing a multi-level class
- The benefits and hidden effects of asanas
- Common yoga injuries and prevention
- Modifications of asanas to various levels and injuries
- Creative flow: vinyasa sequencing
- Yin poses and sequencing
- Yoga history and philosophy (yoga scriptures, Yamas and Niyamas)
- Sanskrit/English names of postures
- The business of yoga and ethics
- *Ongoing support program for the graduates
I found Cynthia's yoga teacher training to be both informative and supportive! I was given ample opportunities to practice teaching from the start of the training, and I learned a great deal about class sequencing and alignment! We not only learned vinyasa class sequencing but also practiced chair yoga, yin yoga, and yoga for PTSD. It was wonderful to learn from a teacher who has such skill and experience! I definitely recommend Cynthia's yoga teacher training for students who are committed to having a strong start as a yoga teacher! Kelly Paquette, USA
- Daily yoga classes
- 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification
- All yoga classes with high-quality teachers
- 14 nights accommodation
- All organic meals included
- Post-program support
- Training manual
- Not included :
- yoga books for studies, air transportation, travel insurance, massage, excursions, gratuities.
Venue HighlightsKARIWAK HOLISTIC HEAVEN
Your stay will be truly memorable for its unique setting, a renowned tropical garden filled with exotic birds, rare butterflies and botanical marvels, all a five-minute walk to a lively local beach. The rooms are in comfortable cabins set within the gardens. Kariwak Village has a lovely pool and outdoor whirlpool bath and offers massage and other therapeutic treatments to enhance your health and wellbeing. You will find the staff warm, gracious and attentive. Most of our meals will be provided by Kariwak’s superb kitchen, directed by owner/chef Cynthia Clovis. Here freshness and creativity are paramount with island specialties featuring locally grown produce and daily ocean catch offered at every sitting.
YOGA AT KARIWAK
In the warm and fragrant environment of a tropical retreat, you will discover a yoga practice clearly supported by the energy of the earth and the wave-like rhythm of the breath. Awaken to a world that loosens body and mind and brings you fully to your senses. Our practice venue is a large ajoupa, a marvellous open-air structure with a towering thatched roof and beautiful hardwood floor.
Tobago ia a gem of an island that few would deny is one of the most beautiful places on earth...
It offers everything the Caribbean is loved for in a small, simple package. A dream destination for divers and artists, kite surfers and birdwatchers, hikers, writers, yogis and sun seekers alike. The perfect balance of tropical eco- adventure and tranquil island retreat.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleDAILY SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
6 - 8 am Practice
8 - 9 am Breakfast
9 - 1 pm Lecture
1 - 2 pm Lunch & Break
2 - 4 pm Lecture
4 - 6 pm Practice
6 - 7 pm Dinner
Most days will be from 6 am-6 pm but may change due to weather and possible other circumstances.
Menu/CuisineMost of the meals will be provided by Kariwak’s superb kitchen, directed by owner/chef Cynthia Clovis. Here freshness and creativity are paramount with island specialties featuring locally grown produce and daily ocean catch offered at every sitting.
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation