100hr Sound Ceremony Retreat: March 2019
- The Yoga Forest
- San Marcos la Laguna, Solola, Guatemala
- Mar 16 - 30, 2019 (15 days)
- Group Retreats: Shared Cabañas - Rama, Sita & Lakshmi - $700.00 Group Retreats: Shared Circus Tents - $500.00 Group Retreats: Shared Yogi Rooms - $700.00 Group Retreats: Shared Forest Cabins - $700.00
S O U N D — B R E A T H — F R E E D O M
FROM LISTENING TO PRESENCE, FROM SOUND TO SILENCE
Are you interested in Sacred Sound and its mystical and Healing components?
We are very excited to announce this unique course pioneering the modern application of Sound Work. We welcome you to be apart of the 100HR SOUND CEREMONY TRAINING.
2019 Course Dates:
January 19th — February 2nd, 2019: SOLD OUT
March 16th — 30th, 2019: JUST ADDED!
July 11th — 25th, 2019
The ancient art of healing with sound is quickly growing in popularity throughout the world as many now feel the call to quiet down the mind, pull the reigns on their routines to listen and inquire into a deeper rhythm of life.
Have you felt that rhythm or heard that call? Maybe it is a ringing in the ears, a gentle hum pulsing about your day or knock on your door that urges you transform with the seasons song.
“Some day music will be the means of expressing universal religion. Time is wanted for this, but there will come a day when music and its philosophy will become the religion of humanity.”
—Hazrat Inyat Khan
We certainly all know that music effects us on many levels. It is as simple as remembering our teenage years or the way our eyes glaze as if seeing a long lost lover as a sweet and nostalgic piece is played. Two and a half thousand years ago the famous Greek philosopher Pythagoras utilized sound as a form of medicine treating a variety of ailments and we can trace this idea back further and outward across continents, cultures and ages right into something we know in our hearts yet cannot find the sufficient words to speak its Truth. As cutting edge as this modality might seem, there is nothing new about Sound Healing and its Power to pierce the veil of thoughts and allow us to perceive the source of where all sound is springing from.
In this training you will learn how to journey into a deep meditative inquiry on the Source of all Sound and from there find many tools to assist in shifting frequencies, healing emotional and psychological scars and opening parts of the heart and mind that you never knew existed! Come traverse the sphere of your consciousness as we create the space for transformation.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has been moved by the Power of Sound. For Musicians, Healers, Therapists, Yogis, Meditators, Mystics, Psychologists, Philosophers, Teachers, Medical Workers, Medicine Workers, Song Carriers People who are ready to shift and lift; to open and ignite and to listen to the subtleties of stillness and silence.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS APPLICATION OF SOUND FOR HEALTH & HEALING?
Some benefits may include:
- Reduce stress and relief from fatigue, pain, addiction, compulsive thinking, insomnia through deep relaxation and endorphin release
- Accelerate the healing process
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased circulation
- Increased sleep quality
- Increased sense of calm
- Alleviation from anxiety
- Reduced symptoms of depression
- Liberate emotional traumas stored within the body/mind complexes
- Deconstruct negative patterns
- Enhances homeostasis
- Bring release to emotional imbalance
- Remove blockages and facilitate free flow of energy channels – meridians, nerves, & blood vessels
- Promotes creative potential
- Expand the capacity for love, peacefulness and happiness within oneself
- Increased concentration, focus and attention
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The art and practices from the Contemplative East to the Wisdom of the Shamanic South
- An introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- Theory and practice of Nada, Bhakti & Mantra Yoga
- The healing power of Sound, therapeutic application for yourself and others
- How to shake off your shackles, unbridle and face your fears
- How to locate and sound for yourself and others the energetic centers (chakras) of the body
- How to incorporate sound into classes
- How to hold space for transformation
- How to facilitate sound & singing circles & ceremonies
- Introduction and use of sacred instruments
- Voice Medicine—Tuning, Toning, Chanting
- How to work with a mesa
Nāda Yoga (नादयोग) is an ancient Indian metaphysical system. It is equally a philosophical system, a medicine, and a form of yoga. The system’s theoretical and practical aspects are based on the premise that the entire cosmos and all that exists in the cosmos, including human beings, consists of sound vibrations, called nāda. (source: Wikipedia)
Bhakti Yoga (भक्तियोग), The root Bhaj, which means “to adore, to devote or worship God.” Bhakti Yoga has been called “love for love’s sake” and “union through love and devotion.” Bhakti is uniting of the individualized consciousness with the Universal through active surrender.
Mantra Yoga (मंत्रयोग) coming from the root Man or Manas meaning mind and instinct and Tra, a tool or instrument to transcend or liberate the mind from itself. Mantras are used to awaken the Self and deepen the meditative aspects of a physical yoga practice. Mantra yoga is a meditation tool meant to engage the mind through focusing on sound, duration and number of repetitions (japa) as a means to get closer to the divinity within, creating positive vibrations that benefit both the one who chants and the one who listens.
OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate, understand and share the philosophies of Sound Yoga and its potential for self-realization
- Develop an effective practice for working with Sound
- Deepen your meditation and awareness on Nad
- Feel comfortable sharing sound with groups
- Learn traditional Vedic Mantras and their meanings
- Explore song traditions for singing circles and kirtans
- Ability to give one on one and group sound healing sessions
- Explore the range and possibilities of your voice
- Instruction on the proper use of sacred instruments such as: Bowls, Tingsha’s, Chimes, Bells
- Artful application of Breath, circular breathing and Didjeridoo
- The development of the inner ear and subtle listening
- Explore the connection of sound and silence
- To grow through processes of self-transformation
— Continue reading full course description here: http://www.theyogaforest.org/sound-ceremony-training/
$1950 ALL INCLUSIVE of course & certification; meals & shared accommodation @ The Yoga Forest’
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT $200 OFF
$1750 registration with full payment 6 months prior to course commencement
Find your Self in the Forest.
Venue HighlightsSan Marcos la Laguna is a small Mayan village on Lake Atitlán in the western highlands of Guatemala. It has become a Mecca for international travelers attracted by its beauty, tranquility and diverse options for spiritual exploration and therapy. Terraced into the side of a cliff, The Yoga Forest is a twenty five minute hike up into the valley from Lake Atitlán, To escape to our lush tropical food forest please travel to us with a backpack, organic soaps, a head torch and a spirit of adventure.
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe serve local organic produce whenever is possible and prepare our delicious vegetarian meal with love. We can cater to certain dietary restrictions, such as vegan and gluten free. Please advise management of your needs as well as any allergies.
AccommodationsThe Yoga Forest has multiple accommodation options to suit all explorers, from shared cabanas, private rooms, unique yogi lofts, and private forest cabins. All accommodations are beautifully appointed, built using natural building techniques and materials, featuring comfortable beds, warm feather duvets, pillows, and decorated with Peruvian Shipibo fabrics and Guatemalan cushions.
Morning Travel Recommended: Book your flight to arrive in Guatemala City, then take a direct shuttle to Antigua. Please arrange to take an 8-9am collective shuttle (Q100) from Antigua to San Marcos la Laguna in order to get you to town in the morning or very early afternoon. We offer a daily escort service from San Marcos la Laguna to The Yoga Forest promptly at 2PM. Be sure to arrive in San Marcos la Laguna with plenty of time to locate Circles Cafe before the escort service arrives.
We also can arrange a private shuttle to pick you up from Guatemala City Airport to San Marcos La Laguna. Our driver will be waiting at the airport with a sign with your name on it. The ride directly from the GUA to San Marcos is approximately 4 hours.
Please plan your travels accordingly, either spending a night in Antigua to make a morning shuttle, or stay in San Marcos la Laguna a night early. For your safety, LATE ARRIVALS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
For additional details, please see our Getting Here page on our website: https://www.theyogaforest.org/getting-here/