Stepping Beyond Basic TT: Developing as a Yoga Teacher
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- May 10 - 19, 2019 (10 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,895.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,895.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,210.00 LGH - Single - $2,370.00 LGH - Double - $2,370.00 LGH - Family room - $2,370.00 Tent-Site - $1,695.00 (All prices include $1,295.00…
After completing a 200-hr Yoga teacher training and eagerly entering the modern Yoga market, many new Yoga teachers realize that additional skills are required to meet the needs of today’s students.
Join dedicated Integral Yoga® teachers Raama Das and Lalita Dagny Vigander as they combine their years of experience to share helpful strategies for enhancing your teaching. Receive insight and inspiration to grow as a teacher of Integral Yoga and develop the skills needed to teach true beginners and support the progression of ongoing Level 1 students.
In this training, you will gain the confidence to move beyond the basic scripted class that you learned in your teacher training, while retaining the spirit of Integral Yoga firmly established in your practice and teaching. Dive into the resources in the Integral Yoga Basic TT manual that were not thoroughly explored in BTT and learn some Level 2 practices that add interest and challenge to a Mixed Level class.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize common body types, musculoskeletal imbalances, and the challenges experienced in asana practice
- Break down asanas to make them accessible and offer variations
- Develop new classes to serve the needs of specific populations
- Prepare beginner students for Level 1 IY Hatha and more experienced students for Level 2
- Utilize language for empowerment and safety
- Judge when to talk and when to leave space for inward focus
- Teach beginners on a hard floor with limited props
- Teach layered, multi-level classes
- Inspire students to practice Yoga off the mat, such as while at work or at the kitchen counter
- Develop beginner, ongoing, and progressing student courses plus courses to address specific issues
- Teach the subtle practices of Yoga Nidra, pranayama, and chanting with confidence and competency
- Bring Raja Yoga and the subtle bodies to life on the mat
- Develop effective strategies for marketing and promotion, including series classes that will both serve and sell
Return to your spiritual home for this training to reconnect with Ashram life and discover tools that will empower you to successfully teach your students. You will have the added benefit of joining with other teachers to share teaching experiences and motivate each other on the journey to becoming a better teacher.
Completion of a 200-hour Yoga teacher training.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 contact hours
- Integral Yoga 300-hour Mentored Program: 80 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Raama Das is an amazing teacher. He is knowledgeable, caring, genuine, and supportive… I highly recommend Raama Das and look forward to taking more and more of his workshops. — Ambika Cristelli
Ramaa’s knowledge of asana, pranayama, and other Yoga practices like Yoga Nidra, meditation, Raja Yoga, and the yogic lifestyle is vast… — Deborah Bennett
Lalita is extremely knowledgeable about the safety of students which is so important. Her teaching style was my favorite. Everything was so informative but still light and fun. She is amazing! I would love to take more programs with her. — Past Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.