LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training for Depression and Anxiety – Level 1
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 31 - Apr 7, 2019 (8 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,550.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,550.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,840.00 LGH - Single - $1,990.00 LGH - Double - $1,990.00 LGH - Family room - $1,990.00 Tent-Site - $1,365.00 (All prices include $995.00 base…
LifeForce Yoga® is an empowering, evidence-based Yoga protocol to help your students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings. These strategies can safely release chronic physical tension and repressed emotion and are appropriate for a clinical setting. This training interweaves ancient yogic wisdom with current findings in neurobiology.
Through practice, discussion, and teaching demonstrations, you will:
- Tailor Yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression
- Explore somatic strategies to increase self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Discuss techniques that your clients and students can do at home
- Practice methods for self-care
Please read Amy Weintraub’s Yoga for Depression before the course.
Amy Weintraub’s Yoga Skills for Therapists
Books are available for purchase online at Integral Yoga Distribution.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 66 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program helped me to have techniques that are effective and immediate for clients who have high levels of anxiety with panic, OCD, MDD, and even self-harming behaviors. — Meagan Simms
This as an excellent training that provided many tools for use not just in LifeForce Yoga sessions, but in teaching other sessions as well. — Joanne Preece
I learned lots of ways to reduce the anxiety and depression of my patients and myself. — Aviva Sinvany-Nubel, PhD, APN, CNSC, RN
My life is already changed! I will use the tools I learned in my own practice and in my work. I feel safe and seen. — Susan Andrea Weiner, MA
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.