Getting Started with Ayurveda
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 1 - 3, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Ayurveda, a 5000-year-old natural system of health and healing that originated in India, is an ultra-sophisticated, preventative, holistic approach to well-being. As opposed to the Western approach of treating only symptoms, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of disease. Consequently, the mind and body are restored to a balanced state in which symptoms naturally fade away.
Oftentimes when people start learning about Ayurvedic practices and routines, they quickly become overwhelmed! That said, this program is designed to help you to navigate through the wisdom of Ayurveda. You will learn accessible practices and hands-on tools for healing that you can easily and immediately apply to your life to guide you toward an optimum state of health.
If you feel overwhelmed by Ayurveda’s many concepts and practices, join Padmasri this weekend.
Learn in a very simple way:
- Basic Ayurvedic philosophy, including theories of the gunas and doshas
- Tips for meal planning, cooking, and using spices, allowing you to enhance digestion and use food as medicine
- The proper diet that includes all six tastes
- Daily practices that will amplify your energy and vitality
- Signs of health and disease
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What a full and wonderful experience. Padmasri is a warm, funny, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic teacher. Her ability to combine Ayurvedic and Integral Yoga teachings are unmatched. Her classes were a real treat, and the best Hatha Yoga I’ve ever experienced. — Meghan King
Padmasri is very knowledgeable in her field. She inspired me to further my studies in Ayurveda. — Devi Rivera
This workshop came at a perfect time to help my understanding of energy and its connection to nature. Padmasri brought knowledge, grace, and awareness of gunas and doshas. The physical asana practice took my practice to just the right level. — Judith Knight
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.