Meditation Retreat in Cozy Country Home
- Little Paradise
- Krütz 2, Hoisdorf, Germany
Get away, get cozy, and go within. Here at the Little Paradise Meditation & Retreat Center we offer a retreat for anyone looking for a safe, quiet and accepting space to come and rest your mind. Our space is facilitated by a long time meditation practitioner Maria Lefèvre. Enjoy a warm and accommodating home in the country side just out of Hamburg where intentional space is held for the sanctuary and spiritual growth of all our guests.
Finding ourselves we become unique. Surrendering to love we become one.
- - Morning and evening meditations in group setting
- - Optional one on one time with an experienced teacher
- - Enjoy self cooked meals from provided vegetarian and organic foods. Meals can be shared among guests, or choose to cook for yourself.
- - Our space borders on a nature reserve, offering a wonderful environment for outdoor reflection and enjoying a marvelous display of birds and other wildlife.
- - The energy and space we keep is always inclusive, safe, and accepting of all peoples wherever you may be on your path and whatever religion or belief you hold.
Venue HighlightsWe provide space and atmosphere for deep peace and silence.
Individual retreat guests are very welcome. Silent retreats are possible. Group events just as well.
Inhabitants and guests usually form a loose community. Shared meals in the kitchens, authentic encounters, deep conversations are part of our daily life.
Guests are free to choose, how far they want to participate or stay for themselves.
The surrounding nature is truly beautiful. The number of large and rare birds around the center is quite unique for Germany: Eagles, hawks, falcons, bussards, red kites, marsh harriers, herons, cranes, storks, swans, flocks of geese and ducks and starlings and swallows, great owls, woodpeckers, sea gulls, kingfishers, bats and many more ... all of them can be seen from the house at different times of the year.
While you are surrounded by nature, the center is located just 25 min away from Hamburg City Center. You can also visit the city of Lubeck or the Baltic Sea within 35 minutes.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
ScheduleFor our retreat guests, we will suggest a daily schedule encompassing times for meditation or prayer, contemplation, walks in nature, reading, creativity, and small talks to share and reflect upon the inner process. Guests are free to choose in how far they would like to follow our suggested schedule and participate in these activities.
It is also possible to (partly or completely) follow your own retreat rhythm or plan.
07:00 - 08:00
- Sitting in Silence/Meditation (with group in meditation room or on your own)
08:00 - 09:00
09:30 - 10:00
- Helping around the house or in the garden. We believe that having an intention to work with your hands and mind in a mindful way promotes feelings of purpose and gratification.
10:30 - 11:00
- Mindful walk or jog in nature
-Self contemplation or answering self-refectory questions
11:30 - 12:00
- Reading (Full library of books available in English and German)
12:30 - 13:00
- One on one talks
13:30 - 14:30
14:30 - 15:30
15:30 - 16:30
- Mindful walk or jog / Garden meditation
17:00 - 18:30
- Creative expression (Writing, Drawing, Dancing, Yoga, Dynamic Meditations, etc.)
19:00 - 19:30
- Light Dinner
20:00 - 20:30
- Group Sharing
21:00 - 22:00
- Sitting in Silence / Meditation (with group in meditation room or on your own)
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe do not offer prepared meals, though a range of organic and vegetarian foods are provided for all guests to use. Often times guests will make shared meals.
AccommodationsWe provide three guest rooms - two of them duplex with a lower and an upper level, connected via an open spiral staircase.
The duplex rooms have a private bathroom included.
The third room is a single room with shower and sink. The bathroom is shared.
Towels, linens, and hairdryers are provided.
Hamburg airport is 40 minutes away. Most people find the house easily with Google maps.
By public transportation:
Please, plan your local trip with www.hvv.de (they have an English subpage).
Entering our address will give you the best way to get to our house. The bus stop, 30m away from the house, is called 'Hoisdorf, Alte Schmiede'. Getting here from the airport usually takes around 1 h if you get the best connections.