21 day Hatha Yoga Teachers Training in motherland South Africa
- Pathways Country Yoga Retreat
- Eston, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Jan 6 - 26, 2019 (21 days)
Welcome to the beginning of a new YOU and a new LIFE!!!
Pathway’s Country Yoga Retreat is an escape from everything happening in the world to a tranquil space where one can simply just be in stillness, contemplation and reflection.
Between rolling green hills overlooking serene dams you can unwind relax and rejuvenate out in the country at this beautiful sanctuary. We host 21 day 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teachers Training Certification every month all year around, a variety of spiritual workshops and 7 or 10 day retreats every month and Yoga and Meditation classes daily. The retreat is offered to those who just want to enjoy a getaway on their own, or with friends.
Pathways Academy of Life – Yoga Teachers Training Certification is a Curriculum in the Ancient Art Of Yoga, its tradition, psychology and philosophy. It teaches one how to integrate the age old teachings and modern day life, into a way of being, bringing balance and fulfillment to life. It is non-denominational and open to all.
WHO IS IT FOR
Those that wish to transform their life, awaken and merge with their soul, deepen their knowledge and experience of Yoga, heal themselves and others through the study, knowledge and wisdom of the Ancient Yoga Tradition and have a passion to share this experience.
- The meaning of Yoga
- A spiritual Life
- The science and philosophy of Yoga
- Anatomy of the physical body: Circulatory respiratory, digestive,
- lymphatic, endocrine, nervous, muscular skeletal, immune and
- genitor urinary systems etc
- Anatomy of the non physical body: The chakras, nadis, kundalini,
- aura, ida, pingala, sushumna
- The joint operation of the physical and non physical bodies
- Energy balancing – disease and pranic healing.
- Anatomical and physiological studies
- Understanding the role and operation of mind, body and
- The mind psychological studies Including, mind, mental states,
- affect of yoga on the mind.
- Asana (postures) benefits, contra-indication, healing, breathing
- Asana correction techniques, training & practice of asanas,
- pranayama, kriya, mantra, and meditation.
- Teaching techniques and methodology Including voice projection,
- class planning, teacher qualities
- Techniques to develop and teach with intuition
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assistance, correcting,
- Pranayama including all breath techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Meditation(Pratyahara, Dhyana, Dharana, Samadhi) Including
- trataka, silence and 20 meditation practices
- Shatkarmas Purification
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Sutras of Patanjali
- The paths of Yoga
- Mudra’s & Bhandas
- Mantra and Yantra
- Gunas and Tattvas
- Compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
- Facing challenges
- Ethics and lifestyle
- Diet & Auyrveda
- Self study and journaling
- Processing of Psychic Scars
- Getting started: class settings, goal setting
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TRAINING
- Initiate self practice of a minimum of 10 hours of yoga per week
- Attendance of all classes
- A passion to share the age old tradition
- Practical Exam and case study
- A Pathway Academy of Life Yoga Teacher certificate on completion of the course
- Membership with Yoga Teacher Fellowship of Southern Africa
- Yoga Teacher Fellowship Members are automatically International Yoga Federation members
Jennifer Fitzsimmons is the founder of Pathways Academy of Life and Pathways Country Yoga Retreat based in Kw-Zulu Natal, South Africa where she hosts workshops, yoga retreats and classes. She is the author of her published book Pathway To Wellness. As a qualified Life Coach she specializes in transforming lives in wellness and fulfillment. Jennifer is a qualified and registered Yoga Teacher through Ishta School of Yoga and Health. She is also a qualified Kundalini Yoga Teacher (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) through 3HO and teaches both styles. Jennifer is also a full member of The Yoga Teacher Fellowship of Southern Africa, thus the International Yoga Federation; she is also registered with International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association and 3HO South Africa. She obtained a full distinction, Life Coaching Diploma through The Institute in the UK.
Jennifer has been practicing Yoga for 20 years and teaching for 17 years. She has also trained teachers for the last 12 years. Her practices began initially as self healing which lead her to sharing the powerful ancient tradition.
It is Jennifer’s intention to coach people life changing techniques to transform their lives. She teaches a way of living, which increases vitality, health, well being and thereby a fulfilled life.
She has completed a collection of Yoga voice guided meditation, relaxation & visualization CD’s and her book Pathways to Wellness. This book is a life changing gift that coaches stress management and emotional balancing to release anger, depression, anxiety, fear and so forth. It includes powerful emotional balancing and stress management techniques.
Jennifer’s belief is that the most essential element of any qualification is self experience and a deep passion.
18th June 2014
To whom it may concern,
This letter serves to confirm that Jennifer Alison Fitzsimmons is a qualified and registered member of the Yoga Teachers’ Fellowship of Southern Africa. We have reviewed and recommend the 200 and 500 hour Yoga Course as taught by Jennifer.
The course is comprehensive and adheres to international requirements offering students a practical and theoretic understanding of all limbs of yoga.
Jennifer Fitzsimmons is the founder of Pathways Country Yoga Retreat based in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa where she hosts workshops, yoga retreats and classes. She is the author of her published book Pathway to Wellness and CD Collection. As a qualified Life Coach she specializes in transforming lives in wellness and success.
Jennifer is a qualified and registered Yoga Teacher through Ishta School of Yoga and Health. She is also a qualified Kundalini Yoga Teacher (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) through 3HO and teaches both styles of yoga.
Jennifer has been practicing Yoga for 18 years and teaching for 15 years.
Ishta info: Kavi Yogaraj Mani Finger formulated the Integral School of Hatha yoga and Tantric Arts in the late 1960s and together with a committee of peers, founded the Yoga Teachers’ Fellowship of SA as a support, protection and recommendation system for yoga in South Africa.
YTF and its members are listed by the International Yoga Federation as is the Yoga Alliance. http://www.internationalyogafederation.net/fiyorganizations.html scroll down to Africa then South Africa to go directly to our website.
M. Contardo (Sn Prem Bindu Mardeva Mahasaya)
Yoga Teachers’ Fellowship of SA
P.O. Box 139 Ferndale 2160
International Yoga Federation Member
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- This is a life transforming retreat that has been enjoyed by many from all over the world it includes
- 21 days accommodation
- Delicious nutritious food
- 200 Hour Yoga Teachers Training
- Daily Yoga classes
- Course Materials and more
Venue HighlightsThe venue has breath taking views
Offers beautiful nature walks
An abundance of bird life.
Safari Game drive
Visit to a local Farmers Market are included in the retreat.
Other activities in close proximity at an additional cost include
Hot air ballooning
Mountain bike riding,
Pathways Country Yoga Retreat will leave you feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to face the world with a new attitude.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleThe daily schedule is as follows:
06.00am - 07.00am Morning Sadhana
07.00am - 08.00am Freshen up
08.00am - 09.00am Yoga class
09.00am - 10.00am Breakfast
10.00am - 13.00pm Teachers Training
13.00pm - 14.00pm Lunch
14.00pm - 15.00pm Teachers Training
15.00pm - 17.00pm Revision & Leisure time
17.00pm - 18.00pm Yoga Class
18.00pm - 19.00pm Dinner
19.00pm - 20.00pm Study & Leisure time
On the weekend Teachers Training is replaced with assignment time and we go on outings to the beach, Safari Game Drive and visit a local farmers market
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineWe embrace and cater for all diets. The food is delicious, nutritious and prepared with love.
AccommodationsLuxury, homely and cozy
King size beds in each room
Over looking either the dams or pool area
Towels are provided
DirectionsFlights to King Shaka Durban International airport are the norm
We provide airport transfer to the Retreat at an additional fee of 350.00 ZAR to cover fuel costs
Directions for locals may be requested or taken from our website